Tyler Baron Quote

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 10, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't think we're making enough of his quote.

“The biggest thing for me is the mindset of the team and the mindset in the building. Everybody is looking for how they can improve more so than just getting through. Everybody is determined. All the new guys are buying into the program. Coach Heupel is leading us in the right direction and we’re just happy to follow him.”

No wonder we sucked. Sounds like everyone there absolutely hated it.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine having to do everything the Saban way but not getting to enjoy the success.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm going to be that guy.

Call me when the honeymoon is over in a year. I seem to hear this every time we change coaches.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We hear it but nothing to this degree. Pruitt sounds awful

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  5. CardinalVol

True. And I have no idea what Heupel looks like long term.

But it sounds like Pruitt was miserable.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's kind of like Barnes. He doesn't seem able to hurt us any more than we've already been damaged.

7. CardinalVol

I'll be mostly content if he can do what Barnes did with basketball in football.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

Hell, if he can do for football what Barnes has done for basketball, I will be over the moon.

And I admit, I was dead wrong about Barnes.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I never really got why people thought Barnes wouldn’t do what he’s basically done every year for 30 years

10. NorrisAlan

Early early on, especially with recruiting, it just appeared he was here to collect a check for his retirement. I was wrong about that, happily.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s always been funny to me, the guys he brought in when he “wasn’t recruiting” were a huge part of one of the best seasons we’ve ever had

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt hated it the most

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought, since everything else Hart did blew up, Barnes would milk a check for a few years and retire.

Instead, he was legitimately pissed off at how things ended at Texas and wanted to give them the bird.

Now, Barnes is Barnes, a borderline great coach that tends to fall short in March, but that's always been him

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm kind of surprised Pruitt didn't just flat out quit. He wasn't happy unless he was on the field coaching. He absolutely despised everything else about being a college head coach. It got worse instead of better as time went on.

Fulmer promised to keep him insulated from the glad handing but he could only do so much

15. CardinalVol

That's part of the gig. Even Saban himself has to do a little bit of it. If you can't handle it you don't need to be a head coach.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've touched base on this before, and we will see if it's all cheery once we run into some obstacles and losses, but the kids up there are enjoying themselves for the first time in a really long time. I always felt when I watched other teams play and compared, that we not only looked robotic, but didn't look like we were having fun playing the game. Fun and loose leads to better instincts and faster play for many players. Hope it all translates.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't even know how to pronounce our coach's name, and it feels great.

18. dknash

dknash Chieftain

And then 2017 and 2018 happened. Glad it's rolling now though.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That would have required integrity.

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

As miserable as he was, just imagine how bad his predecessor was for him to be viewed as a major upgrade by the locker room when he arrived.