Tyler Byrd Says...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Apr 13, 2016.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He'll be wearing number 15 and playing WR...so what does that mean for Jennings?

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Moving back to middle Tn

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

My guess: They're putting him at WR for the Spring Game to see if he can make plays, since every other WR on our roster is hurt.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Title change.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He's not here yet...

6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Well that complicates things just a bit.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jennings could be a safety or he's changing numbers

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Really wanted Byrd at corner. Shoop must feel real good about his secondary.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The cb spot is kind of log jammed right now. One more year of Sutton, Moseley (who looked better every week), Martin, Foreman (who got better every week), Osbourne, Miller and the JUCO they signed this year.

Sutton, Martin, Moseley and Foreman is a pretty good group. Throw in Gaulden who can go nickel or safety and Tennessee is sitting pretty good.

Maybe they just want Byrd on the field ASAP and wr is the quickest way to get him there

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Where would be the ideal spots for Byrd and Jennings, respectively, and regardless as to the current roster / depth chart?

Meaning, if you slotted these two guys based purely on where you think they would best perform at, where would it be?

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

IMO Jennings is perfect for safety. Long, rangy headhunter.

12. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I agree with that.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He is. On the flip I think he can be a great WR too.

Good problem to have.

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Would you supplant either Warrior or TKJr. with Jennings, and if so, which one and where would you move them? Or, are they each prototypically exceptional safeties, and it's just Jenninga that is the odd man out in being asked to switch...or is Jennings the freakish one who has the ability to move about and play at a high level, whereas the others do not?

Not challenging your opinion at all, or anyone else's, as I don't know anything about where these guys should play, or might be a more natural fit.

15. chavisut

Main competition would be Gaulden. Both would probably play IMO.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a good problem to have. Jennings is probably a better safety than WR, but I think he's talented enough to play WR on Sundays. What this team needs is wrs right now, there's very few that are healthy.

Byrd is probably a better CB than WR, but he was top notch at both positions throughout HS and camps. Once again, how can you get him on the field the quickest? At wr.

17. chavisut

Yeah. Both likely at WR because DB is possibly the best situation right now.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Where can he most effectively sit behind Colton Jumper?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wherever. He's that good.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

As of now, Jumper is starting at all LB spots. Added two extra sweatbands and is beasting out.