Tyler Summit Resigns for Inappropriate Balls Depth

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Tenacious D, Apr 7, 2016.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He is a former player.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

You got a bluetick?

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Black lab

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Same reason I can't tell anyone that i maybe kinda sorta banged a client once. I mean, why I have never and could never have sex with a client.
    On one hand, the short answer is: the rule is stupid.
    On the other hand, there's some psychobabble mumbo jumbo argument about it preventing you from doing your job the way you're supposed to and otherwise would. As if my arguments for why this girl didn't obstruct justice are going to be appreciably more compelling if I haven't put it balls deep in her. I mean, hypothetically speaking.

There are hypos I could come up with where banging your client would affect your legal judgment or put you in a compromised situation ethically, but that doesn't mean that a blanket rule against it is appropriate. Just my opinion.

All that being said, Tyler Summitt not wearing a rub or at least buying Plan B the next morning is incomprehensibly stupid.

5. kidbourbon

Oh, I know the rules, my friend.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

In my opinion, extending attorney-client privilege to new horizons should be less of a "thing" than a boss/superior banging a subordinate. The client can get another lawyer if things soured. I dunno, though.

7. kidbourbon

Where is attorney/client privilege getting extended?

And I don't think there are any rules about a partner in a law firm getting balls deep in an associate, if that's what you were getting at. Again, I think the blanket prohibition on banging clients is stupid, overbroad, or some combo of the two, but I suppose the basic idea is that your client is your boss (that's true) but that you as the attorney are iin many ways he de facto boss because it's kind of a role of authority and you have the answers they need, and that adding the acquisition of balls depth into the equation needlessly and harmfully adds an additional layer of like superiority or something. Is that a stupid argument? Yeah, I think so. Basically it's just a massive **** block. It was probably proposed initially by a fat lawyer who couldn't get any lawyers to put their members in her, and she blamed htis fact on the cute client the lawyer was banging as opposed to the fact that she was gross and that it was nigh impossible to maintain an erection around an obese lawyer chekc.

Im making all that up, though. I have no idea how it came to be.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Was a joking reference to sexy-time.

9. kidbourbon

Hahahahaaha. Nice. I get it now.

Not my best ever brain day, but I'll fight through it, and hopefully won't get jumped by four other girls in the process.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Did you read about them in the library?

11. kidbourbon

You can do better than that.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Did you read about them in a tattooed calligraphy paragraph on the side of a trashy co-ed's torso?"

Something like that is a little better. It loses points for effort and lack of flow, but it's better.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You seem like the type of dude to take advantage of a situation. Rejected at the library? Might as well learn something while I'm here.

14. kidbourbon

Rejections aren't terribly time consuming. You can go to the library, or law school, or courthouse with earnest good faith intentions of working of working on a specific project, performing research, writing a memo, etc. and make time for a few rejections. I'd really only block off two minutes per rejection. And, trust me, I know how much time to allocate -- I get rejected all the time. And some of the time I get other things done as well. It's a pretty efficient system.

15. kidbourbon

"If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate."
    -- Thomas J. Watson

16. kidbourbon

"Ever tried.
    Ever failed.
    No matter.
    Try Again.
    Fail again.
    Fail better."

-Samuel Beckett

I really really like that one. Words to live by.