UFC Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 1, 2015.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I'll probably be talking to myself here but oh well. TUF is entertaining this year. Conor and Uriah have good exchanges. Some good fighters too, I think a few will make something of themselves eventually.

Can't wait until Aldo vs McGregor in December.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

3. GahLee

That bum is fighting in some backwater shit hole town in West Virginia, not the UFC.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

UFC or Billy Bob's Backyard Brainbashing Bonanza, that' right there's funny.

5. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I love the UFC - I've watched it since UFC 1. I quit watching probably shortly after they quit doing one night tournaments as I was butthurt about that. Then I came back around in about 2005 and realized how much better it was with the weight classes. This Reebok deal is the stupidest thing I've ever seen though. If someone had the capital to go toe-to-toe with the UFC they could pull a lot of fighters away right now. It's asinine, Dave Shart level asinine.

6. GahLee

Joe Rogan has openly stated this several times on his podcast and I agree. I think overall it's better for the fighters, just not the top talent.

You been watching this season of TUF? Last fight was a mauling.

Love the banter between Conor and Uriah.

7. GahLee

I remember watching it back then too. I was young and it was brutal. Almost too brutal. It's really evolved since then, for the better.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I haven't watched TUF this season. I'm sure it's entertaining with Connor and Faber. Speaking of, I wasn't sure what to make of McGregor when the hype train left the station. I'm still not convinced he's a great fighter but he does have a ton of fight in him. And I sincerely hope he decapitates Aldo when he gets his hands on him.

9. GahLee

He's an excellent fighter, you don't accumulate an 18-2 record without being really good. I like him and Aldo, I think Aldo is the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now. Their fight should be great.

I highly suggest this season of TUF, those two have some great moments going at each other and their appears to be some really good fighters.

10. GahLee

Aldo stepped right in to a straight. Unreal. Conor is a great fighter, Aldo is an all-time great, he got caught. I seriously can't believe that happened, 13 second fight.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good gravy.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

13 secs are you kiddin' me! Doubt that record is ever broken. McGregor's a machine but the rematch goes much different imo

13. GahLee

Probably. Say what you will about him, the dude backs up every single thing he says.

14. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know a fight is fast when you can see the whole thing in an animated GIF. Would be weird to train for 4 months leading up to a fight and not even break a sweat.

Now the hard part happens for McGregor. In the limited MMA I have watched over the years, your championship window is very short.

16. GahLee

Looking forward to all the rematches, McGregor vs Aldo, Weidman vs Rockhold, Rousey vs Holm. Want to see the new Jon Jones too, he's absolutely ****ing jacked now. He and Cormier need to fight.

Talks of McGregor stepping up to 155, which he said he'd do after he destroyed the featherweight division, which he's officially done now. Some interesting fights could happen there.

Knoxville native Scott Holtzman will put his undefeated record on the line at the next UFC PPV, dude is moving up, cool to see.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I liked the hammer punch when he was on his back, just for good measure.

18. GahLee

Not in MMA, Aldo held the belt for 10 years, Anderson Silva held his for what seemed like forever, same with GSP and Matt Hughes. Jon Jones would probably still be undefeated and have his belt had he not done some crazy shit.

19. GahLee

Got to, wife hates it but I always tell her you have to keep going until the ref stops it.

20. GahLee

His balance is amazing, dude is very technically sound. He gets a lot of shit because he runs his mouth but when you always back it uo, what is there to really say?