UGA and their losses so far

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Jan 8, 2020.

1. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Yeah, he could have been a legit threat if they ran an RPO offense and didn't have... whatever it is they have with Coley. Guy could throw, was pretty good sized and ran a 4.6

Last I heard in late November, he still hasn't been cleared and it's likely that he won't be due to how incredibly dangerous it is. Hate it for the kid.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Zamir White hasn't stayed healthy in two years either

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

True.

You know, in ways, it reminds me of our own 2000 class. I don't even know if team talent was tracked back then, but 247 does have ranking for it, and it was #1 in the country. Most of the 5 5* and 6 4* were constantly injured or just didn't pan out and we only got 2 serviceable players out of it:

5* Casey Clausen
    4* Jason Witten

As for the whole class, I only recognized 2 other names: Kevin Burnett and Jabari Greer. Not good if you look back at a #1 class and only recognize 4 out of 26 names and out of them, only 2 were drafted (Burnett in 2nd, Witten in 3rd)

4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

He will be their feature back next season if he can stay healthy. He's pretty good.

James Cook (Dalvin's brother) will get a bunch of reps if he can stay clean.

George Pickens 5* WR (true freshman) is rumored to be having grade issues and may end up ineligible next fall if he can't get it together in the classroom.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Zamir is a badass when he's healthy.

I'm not surprised about Pickens

6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Uga statement:

“Unlike Mr. Mars, we will not engage in a public discussion of a student eligibility matter, other than to wish the best for Cade and his family. Although the Mays lawsuit is a public document available on the internet, no one at UGA was authorized to discuss it, we’re not aware of anyone who did so, and the reporter who broke the story of the lawsuit has stated that he was not notified by anyone at UGA"

Tenacious D likes this.
  7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I thought we were not a great fit for Mr. Cade Mays?? What’s changed the wind in his sails??

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I found this part amusing.

justingroves likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Me thinketh

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Munoz, Respert, Baker, Jones all started a lot of games iirc. Neal and Peace were contributors.

I admit it was overrated in retrospect.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Munoz was a great player, just couldn't stay healthy.

I don't know why I didn't see Baker. He had a good career and IIRC got injured. I pulled up what info I could and he was All-SEC as a JR and then went undrafted after his SR year. Can't remember.

Regardless, it didn't live up to the billing of a #1 class with no SEC titles and only 1 SECCG appearance (2001) or 2, depending if they Redshirted. Not good considering Spurrier had left Florida in 2001 and there was no legit SEC-W opponent. UT should have dominated the SEC at least starting in 2002, and I think would have if Cut had stayed at OC. Offensive development and production was terrible once he left.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Beal took his name out of the portal. Hes staying at UGA.

Tenacious D likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Baker had a ton of hype for his senior season and didn’t do much. He got hurt later in the year, but even before that he wasn’t impressing. Spent a few seasons with the Patriots, I believe.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Respert was a good center, but sat behind a guy that ended up playing in the league for a decade. Jones was an NFL return man and was pretty good at WR, PR, and DB for us. Peace had some big games and Karlton Neal had a little NFL hype about him for a bit, although he was just OK.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Mark Jones is extremely underrated by the fanbase. He had damn near identical stats to Woodson's Heisman year his last year here

A-Smith, chavisut and **TDCVOL** like this.
  17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

*better stats

I love to do the Player A or Player B comparison for people with Woodson and Jones.

justingroves likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, but he didn't catch a pass on a post route against a team playing zone coverage that left middle of field wide open.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

There were people who thought Munoz was the best offensive tackle prospect ever.

Bloodline had a lot to do with that obviously. And he was still very good, despite the injuries. Wonder what might have been had he been healthy.

if not mistaken, believe he was the first true freshman to start at tackle here. That correct?

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

absolutely. Could do it all. We just weren’t quite creative enough to accentuate him like we could have.

Much like Derrick Tinsley back in that era too.