UGA players talk Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 26, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Five of Georgia’s expected defensive starters this week signed to play for Pruitt.

“Great coach. Player’s coach. Always stuck up for his guys,” senior inside linebacker Natrez Patrick said. “Knew his defenses really well.”

Pruitt’s arrival also coincided with an increased energy at practice. He was known for his fiery approach, and his Nick Saban-influenced teachings made the adjustment so much easier for players when Smart arrived

An unintended result of Pruitt’s tenure is Georgia having its starting center. Lamont Gaillard had been committed as a defensive lineman in 2013 when Todd Grantham left for Louisville. Pruitt and his staff weren’t as high on Gaillard, and in 2015 Gaillard was switched to offensive line, where he has flourished.

“He’s hard, just like Kirby Smart is. That’s what you need as a coach,” Gaillard said. “They’re both always in your faces, nothing’s going to change, it’s just them. And they both know how to win championships.”

https://theathletic.com/548664/2018...y-defensive-coordinator-tennessee-head-coach/

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

For some reason, this is disconcerting to read... I was kind of hoping that UGa would come into this game very overconfident and we could somehow surprise them....

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He was a big hit at Georgia with players. With people within the AD and some of the big money people, not so much.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Well, he challenged them to spend money and be a big time program.

utvol0427, NYY and hohenfelsvol like this.
  5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yea it wasn't anything bad. He saw UGA for what it could be, and not for what Mark Richt had made it become.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The one thing Pruitt talks about constantly with our team?

[​IMG]

NYY likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I know two people that donate to UGA and both of them told me that he was the main person responsible for UGA upgrading their facilities.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pruitt appears to be awesome at helping our rivals win championships.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You don't need to know people who donate to know that. He came out publicly telling them to sack up.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Even got one extra at the end.

bigjintx and utvol0427 like this.