UGA Takeaways

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Sep 29, 2018.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Post them here.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We need a QB that can run a little, an OC, a bounce or 6, and Kesling to take one for the team.

3. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I actually watched the game and didn't completely hate it.

I think UGAs conservative playcalling helped us tremendously.

Tenacious D and hohenfelsvol like this.
  4. BigOrangeBeech

#1 and foremost, why Ty Chandler is not touching the ball more is dumbfounding to me

Banks will end up being an good to great player but needs to sit right now. Has to hold on to the ball.

Much better effort today.

Defense played well I thought just ran out of gas at the end. No depth will do that.

Still dont know our mindset on offense. I know the line is terrible, but we have to try to go down field more. I like how we're trying to run the ball, we just dont have the horses yet.

To be in a position to make a game towards the end speaks volumes to the effort today. They didnt lay an egg in the 2nd half until the last 3 minutes with the fumble.

Darrell Taylor with a great performance. We have to have consistent performances like that from him and others on defense.

We're still a bad football team, but we played significantly better than last week. Putting Banks in right after Chandler houses one blew my mind, and the fumble really put a damper on how we played today but I still feel we can build on this performance.

chavisut likes this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We didn’t have a chance against UGA unless we got some bounces, and they got every single one of them.

You need either a running QB or an OL. We have neither.

For all that, it was still a football game into the 4th quarter. Defense didn’t give up easy points

tvolsfan and A-Smith like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

They dont throw the ball that much and it shows why when you rattle Fromm. Hes good at anticipating, managing the game, but he is not a world beater by no means. He very rarely throws it more than 20 times a game.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My takeaway is that:

A) we are snakebit. That strip sack for ugas first score proves it beyond all doubt.

B) I will not be going to bed pissed off or wake up tomorrow depressed.

Lexvol, hohenfelsvol, kmf600 and 3 others like this.
  8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Once again, the OL is keeping this team from being competitive.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

They played better at times today, but yes, they're still bad.

10. GahLee

Strip sack that they score on is the most Tennessee thing ever. Shit like that seems to only happen to us.

11. BigOrangeBeech

No kidding on A) but you know, to not get any bounces our way on those strips, and still be in the game and they continue to fight earned my respect today.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. GahLee

Hard to be a smashmouth team when your running back is evading defenders 2 yards in the backfield.

OL gets fixed and we are able to compete.

13. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Helton sux

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

when they quit banging their heads on the wall it wasn’t nearly as bad. Don’t think the offense is ever gonna be a thing of beauty but it could be quasi-functional.

Agree with getting chandler the ball. Don’t have anybody else that dynamic

15. BigOrangeBeech

As I said, they played better today, but are still bad.

16. GahLee

We are going to be good...eventually. This season will be tough but progress will be made. Got to flip some of this roster to rid Jones' loser culture.

17. GahLee

We are in agreement here.

18. GahLee

I'm not sold either way. Couldn't imagine calling plays not knowing what the hell the OL will give you.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I’m shocked at the support for the D. They loaded up the boat when it mattered and we knew for sure they running, but couldn’t find a safety or LB near a play or run blitzing. Kirkland missed about 40 tackles. Abernathy should forgo his scholarship. Kongbo literally has no idea what a football is. Inaccuracy early from UGA saved our asses, or this was a 50 point game.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I still feel pretty good about the future. Not surprised with how team looks right now.

GahLee likes this.