UGA thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 10, 2020.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

But Bazelak isn't good enough to beat this UGA team with his or our players today. Pruitt is loyal to JG because at the end of last season, he delivered. Shrout didn't, neither did Maurer. If you wanna blame that on recruiting, then that is fair, but to act like JG in this moment in time doesn't give us the best chance of winning vs the other QBs, then that is foolish.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

JG isn't ready and he's been here 13 years. What we are getting out of him is as good as it's going to get. Bailey will at least have room for growth and improvement as he gets experience.

10SEvols likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

JG won us a few games last year (Missouri, Mississippi State), but like 3 out of the last 5 games in 2019, this team won despite his bad performances.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Memtownvol likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hes never beaten anybody worth much except Auburn where we threw it up for grabs about 8 times and won every battle for the ball that day.
    3 years ago i had concern Pruitts career would be hindered for sticking with JG. Its about to have an affect imo if he continues.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Some of yall need to chill a bit. Pruitt is doing good things and has this program moving in the right direction. Hell, we just lost for the first time in 9 games to a team that is better than at pretty much every position. The Vols aren't there yet but he is certainly closing that gap. Patience...

ptclaus98, VOLinDAWGland and Volnbama like this.
  6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Voice of reason

7. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

Personally feel like you would think we had just lost to Vandy given the reaction some have given to this game. This is especially evident on VN which was on borderline meltdown mode last night.

Am I disappointed? Absolutely, but Georgia is still a really good football team with the best defense that we will likely see all year.

We will find a lot out about this team in the next 2 or 3 weeks as we see how they rebound from this.

SetVol13 and Memtownvol like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Im chill. Didnt expect to win. Ga did what expected to JG and he responded. Dont expect to win next week either

9. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I also feel like discussing JG is moot at this point in time as I don't see Pruitt knocking him from the starting role this year, and possibly even next season.

I would love to see Bailey come in and get everything rolling, but it's obvious he isn't considered ready by the staff. And Shrout/Maurer are never going to be long term answers here.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm bracing myself for an extremely painful sports week. Braves get trounced by Dodgers and we lose to UK.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fahr 'em all! FAHR 'EM!!!

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you trolling, or do you really think he is coming back for a sixth year? I don't think so.

13. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

It is a legitimate question considering the eligibility freebie everyone is getting this year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I really hate it for Guarantano. The guy was just starting to play good enough to not lose ball games and then he fumbles 4 times and throws one of the worst interceptions of all time. 6 or 7 wins are still on the table, even with him at qb the rest of the year.

I would much rather roll with a young qb, but it is what it is

15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We will beat the shit out of UK. We aren't bad against the run. Fans may not like JG but UK would kill to have him. Wilson literally cannot throw. I expect a big bounce back from the OL, if nothing else because we aren't playing Georgia. UK is decent on D but not in the same universe as UGA.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Kentucky could certainly get us if we don’t have our heads in the game, but based on the first three weeks, I’m not at all convinced they’re better than South Carolina, we match up better on defense, and we’re at home. This needs to be a win.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I watched a few minutes of the Jeremy Pruitt show...I wouldn't want to be Shamburger today

"This baffles me, we're playing basic cover 3, I could stick a trash can over there and it would get the interception. Where's our guy?"

"We're in basic man, follow your guy to the bathroom if that's where he goes, we don't do it"

Both busts were on Shamburger

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky is Kentucky. They'll grind out a few points, but at the end of the day they're Kentucky.

hohenfelsvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Kentucky had 140 yards of offense yesterday. They won because Leach doesn't believe in running the ball and Costello makes Guarantano look poised and collected in the pocket

Memtownvol likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Sham had a horrible game

mmmjtx likes this.