UGA thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just throw Bailey in there and let him learn through first hand experience. I’d rather lose games behind our young, under-practiced QB of the future than behind a guy who has proven time and time again that he gives us no chance against talented teams.

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

But I am supposed to be the one who overreacts. That’s my role. I have my beefs and we got ass whooped in the 2nd half but we aren’t a sorry team. And the day I expect a loss to KY might be the day I need to start watching tennis.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Let’s put away KY and then see what he can do in mop up duty. I won’t sit here and defend JG but I wouldn’t put Bailey out there against that GA defense for his first action.

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

That's what I did in 2017. (Not tennis though, just a lot of hockey)

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Safety play has regressed. Didn't we recruit a blue chipper out of Nashville to play safety? Hope he's ready soon.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Keshawn Lawrence

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

this is accurate

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Safeties played well

The slot corner hasn't been good at all

Memtownvol and NYY like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That might be it. That seam was getting torched.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Star hasn't played well in 3 games. I know they got us with motion out of backfield at one time, but haven't thought closely about the rest. Too'o Too'o got beat once by a back too.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That may have been the only mistake Henry made all day too

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Big int drop in there. Made a decent play on the ball, though the way it was coming down, he may have been able to gather and high point it vs floating with it. Good effort though.
    Our lbs and the nickel you mention are even bracketing with outside help and still giving up the inside. I know they arent coached that way. We are getting lit up in the middle of the field and stings even worse since we cant in turn use the middle of the field on offense

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They moved him to DB with the injuries there and don’t plan on moving him back. Need a talent upgrade there.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On a good note, Elijah Simmons is a force in the middle of the field. He's not going to be a huge stat producer, but he anchors the defense and isn't going to be moved. You run around him, not at him

15. CardinalVol

This is true. He played a great game. When he took on two linemen and still got the TFL? Hoo boy.

justingroves likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Did we run any playaction yesterday? I'm sure Im sure I'm forgetting it, but I don't recall any off top of my head.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I remember at least one. I think we ended up hitting the check down?

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There were a few, most ended in Guarantano appearing surprised he had a rusher in his face

CardinalVol, Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt had a scrimmage today, it's pretty much to shake up the starting lineup.

Expect some new faces starting against UK

dknash and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Their offense has fallen off a cliff, as well.