UGA

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Memtownvol, Nov 29, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Quite honestly, his defenses at Texas weren't anything spectacular by the end.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Bill King nailed it this morning.

Coordinators that jump directly to major HFC jobs have a pretty poor record. UGA is an elite job and didn't need to go directly to Smart.

Horrible decision. Especially with the image of firing a guy with Richts record coming off a 9-3 season.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

He's a better coordinator than Smart is, IMO.

They're both somewhat underwhelming when you consider the wealth of talent they had and the results they got.

Bama has constantly been shredded by good offenses. Smart knows how to defend against the old school pocket QB power run sets. He's awful against spread and especially mobile QB led spread teams.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It be interesting to see a robust statistical breakdown of different career progressions and their success rates.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You'd think UGA would have at least considered speaking with another candidate before making the decision. They had the most attractive opening in football. This is like having the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft and selecting a tight end.

6. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

Orange Venom (same guy that said he had heard Smart as HC and that Smart wanted Muschamp as his DC when Richt was fired) says that he was told we have contacted Pruitt. He is normally on top of most things Georgia related. So it is interesting. This is on Volnation, btw.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wait, Tennessee has contacted Pruitt for our staff? Or am I misunderstanding?

8. Volsfan31

Volsfan31 Member

He said he was told UT has contacted Pruitt. Like I said, he rarely posts, but when he does he is almost always right.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

UGA pulled the trigger on Richt because the high number of openings made Smart a flight risk. Smart was the primary reason there was an opening in the first place.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Woah now. Look at Butch going after a big name.

11. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I've also heard this. I heard it was for DC if things shake out like it's rumored they might.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who is Pruitt?

13. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Knowing Burch it's because of Pruitts significant recruiting prowess and not coaching ability.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Huge name DC with FSU in 2013 and disgraced DC at UGA 2014-2015.

15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Obviously you don't live in Georgia.... Jeremy Pruitt was the ONLY name Georgia fans could utter all summer long...

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So UT is keeping Debord but getting rid of Jancek? Priorities are all out of whack.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Hopefully he's blowing up Eason's phone too....

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm assuming Jancek is getting better opportunities.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahahaha

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

So they'll shitcan him when his side actually produced? Or is he the scapegoat for the blown 4th quarter leads?

Working for Butch must be like Lord of the Flies.