UGA

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Memtownvol, Nov 29, 2015.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is there enough quality linebackers to run a 4-3?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Different topic, but I don't understand why coaches just don't xwitch to a 4-2-5 base now and go with it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. Hell, we play in the nickel it seems 80% of the time anyway.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Should be.

5. chavisut

I don't wanna see a 3-4, but Austin Smith and Darrell Taylor would be perfect outside along with Bituli from this class.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think that too, but they're putting Smith and Sapp over Bates. McDowell was a stud on special teams last year, this year he's been nonexistent

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He also said Azzani isn't going anywhere. And I know he hasn't yet, but there's been a lot of speculation that he will be gone. Guess we'll see.

8. chavisut

McDowell has been killing it again. I just think it is a matter of being behind our most consistent player for him.

I think a 4-3 of JRM, Kirkland, and Smith should be very good next year.

9. chavisut

Also, I really like the idea of Jennings roaming the middle third at FS.

10. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

UGA DC's dad, Frank Pruitt - current Women's Discus and Javeline coach at UGA. Used to be DC at Purdue, but got axed in 2001 and decided he wanted to give Women's T&F a go due to the hotness. UGA had a discus coach opening. He was disappointed, but I guess he thought it was close enough. He's been out of FB for a while, but I've got a feeling he's gonna be something special. The game never changes.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depressingly plausible.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our D has been pretty horrendous in late game situations. And we gave Vandy as many sustained drives in the first half last week as their last six opponents had combined. Jancek probably isn't the biggest problem on the staff, but I expected the D to take a step forward this season, and they didn't. You could make a non-crazy argument that they regressed.

At any rate, Georgia's D has great numbers this year. . . but damn they faced some bad offenses. I suspect Pruitt would be an upgrade, but the scheme questions are legit, as are the "who has he done it against" questions

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not going to defend Jancek, it is just odd that he'd be gone before some others.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

well, you've only got two coordinators, and Butch isn't going to fire himself (incidentally, taking that responsibility away from himself and delegating to a real OC may be the quickest thing Butch could do to get me thinking he could work out long-term. Won't happen though)

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We have around 2,000 defensive ends. I think we could make it work.

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Richt to Miami per CBS sports

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Why would Pruitt come to Tennessee?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nike apparel, duh.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Championships.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator