1. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Why the hell was Turner in for like the last 10 minutes of the game? He's just not good. If we are going to play shitty freshman let's just play Parker instead.

That's the tourney right there. Not that this team was going to sweep Vandy/LSU/Missouri/Alabama anyway though.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Next year will be Barnes last.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

This team blows more leads than a speech impaired Pakistani doing cold calls, trying to sell gold buffalo coins to elderly people.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He wasn't, for most of it

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Phillips played the point for most of that stretch.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

I think the reason Bone wasn't in is because he couldn't guard him either. He got killed vs Ole Miss too

7. midtownvol83

Turner was still in there even if he wasn't running point. Seemed like he was in there from about the time the lead went under 8 or so till the end. He got abused on defense and continued to take poor shots and missed his open shots. Also kept feeding Hubbs.

8. BigOrangeBeech

Yeah, I don't think it ultimately mattered, just think we stood a better chance to keep him contained with him in there.

9. midtownvol83

The offense just died from that point on though.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

He didn't play that much in the 2nd half until after the last media to, to my knowledge

11. BigOrangeBeech

Philips ran the point for nearly the last half of the 2nd half. Turner came back in with a couple minutes left

12. midtownvol83

Seemed like he was in there for at least the last 6-8 mintues. Regardless he was noticeably bad and only accelerated the slide when he was in there.

Frazier was going to get his points. So we just needed to outscore them so taking Bone out was just dumb.

13. BigOrangeBeech

He needs to be playing the 2. Makes way too many unforced turnovers. He shoots the ball better also when he and Bone are on the floor together.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Good. The retirement tour needs to end. It should have never started, at least not in Knoxville.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He's a good coach. I've been relatively impressed with what he's gotten from this team.

That said, the recruiting thing is going to kill him.

16. midtownvol83

Certain VN basketball "gurus" think we can go 4-2 and still be a lock. Lol. That's 17-13 (minus Chaminade win) and a 14th loss coming in the SECT.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's not stupid, it's insanity

18. BigOrangeBeech

Spot on with both comments

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Retiring? Because he won't be fired.

20. BigOrangeBeech

I may be wrong, but I think that's what he meant by that.