POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If we’re entering Russia through the back door, I want NYY leading the charge. Those Ruskies won’t know what hit ‘em!!

NYY likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“We didn’t see him coming!”

Savage Orange likes this.
  3. Savage Orange

Lol!!

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hey, it's just really cold!

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He's a Russian spy.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Turkish.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So, is WWIII finally going to happen? I haven't really followed this too much.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

There is no appetite for anything other than sanctions. Putin can do whatever he wants without repercussions.

zehr27 likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

This. If Pootin’ thought for a minute there’d be actual consequences for what he’s about to do, he wouldn’t be doing it. Biden trying to play the tough guy is a joke and is only going to further weaken the US when he doesn’t do jack shit about it.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This move, and our non-existent response to it, will likely lead to China moving in much more quickly on Taiwan. Gotta wonder if our response will be any different.

11. Savage Orange

If it’s not, we can kiss our status as the world’s preeminent superpower goodbye once and for all.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

If they invade I don't know why we do not provide some over the horizon support.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Ukrainian government and rest of Europe don’t seem as worked up and hawkish as us, so that gives me hope

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They don't have the intelligence we have.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Maybe but we’ve not put any of that evidence out there and the U.K. And Germany have publicly stated they’re not reading the intelligence out there the same way as us.

with the past indicators on our intelligence getting us into international shit storms that turned out to be wrong. I don’t think it’s crazy to be skeptical of the narrative. Especially with Ukrainian government not freaking out.

16. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Perhaps. The wink, nod and shoulder shrug is reminiscent of what brought about a world war or two though.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bad news, we agree.

I am not saying putin is bluffing, but he has more leverage right now than if he actually makes the move

18. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

There is also a good bit of leverage in pipelines, Black Sea, and establishing a legacy. If no one is willing to stop it and one can profit from it, why not?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure why the assumption is Biden rolls over. I am more worried about escalation than I am that.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Y'all realize we ain't innocent players in this saga either right? CIA was behind the color revolution that ousted their government to install western friendly regime. Some of our elites use Ukraine for corrupt enrichment/money laundering. Ukraine is a shit show and has been a shit show for a long time. It would be mighty stupid to get into a shooting war with Russia over this. We would not be too happy were Russia or China doing similar shit in Mexico. Hopefully this is all posturing over business stuff like energy.