UN Climate Change Report

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Unimane, Aug 9, 2021.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The amount of energy it takes to fold or warp space is beyond staggering. Also, we would have to discover negative energy to make it work properly.

Not saying none of it is possible, but it would take about 3 Einsteins worth of breakthroughs for it to happen, if you ask me.

gcbvol likes this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We could explore out, but it would require combined planetary agreement, and that's not going to happen.

It would take a ton of resources, but far too often we're like... we need the end solution. I think we could do a lot of middle solutions, like, rail gun type thing for space craft, and when that one gets so far, it builds the next one, eventually we'd build up jumps.

But putting that much effort in to a hope is not likely to happen, because that is all it is, a hope, that when we get to some destination, it is habitable.

gcbvol likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is far from a given such a place exists waiting for us. In fact, I am of a mind that it does not. Any more than there is the perfect environment somewhere above the waves for a deep sea coral.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

yeah, the hand waving done in SciFi is tremendous. The odds of a .9-1.1G planet with 80% nitrogen 18% O2 with .9-1.1 ATM (pressure) out there just floating around must be small. Every planet in Star Trek is 1G and perfect O2 ratios for everyone in the Universe.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It's earth or nothing, IMO

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Given the sheer scale of the universe, that habitable planets exists are a near certainty. It's finding them then getting there that's the low probability. We and the Earth aren't that special.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't forget any other life that evolved separately and may be innately toxic to even breathe around even with the same physical chemistry.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

going no till and rotational grazing in farming practices without changing anything else would basically fix the carbon issue.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've read about how climate change will increase disease for over a decade, but COVID has really made coverage of this increase. Note that this study published recently, but was originally received for review BEFORE COVID-19 blew up.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not seeing how climate change is going to lead to more Chinese labs leaking viruses out to the world. I'll hang up and listen.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

No you won't.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s going to be hot so they’re going to open the windows. God, you’re stupid

10SEvols, Indy and TennTradition like this.