Uneducated Knee-Jerk Reactions, Arky State Style

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorrisAlan, Sep 6, 2014.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1) Kicking game needs to improve on both returns and kicks. Medley scares me going into SEC play.

2) Bajakian. I admit I know nothing about offensive scheming, but I feel like he has a ping-pong ball dispensor on loan from Tenn Lottery and uses it to call plays.

3) Defense looked good, but still gave up some scramble plays.

4) Ark St plays like a bunch of punk-ass [itch bay]es. If Wolf is out long term, I will be miffed.

5) DirecTV needs to be visited by AJ Johnson and given an atomic wedgy.

6) We looked like I thought we would coming off that big opening night. And playing at noon seemed to suck all the life out of the crowd and team, not to mention the heat and the humidity.

I expect better play vs OK next week, as it will be a night game and a BIG game.

Finally, at this point, a win is a win is a win and one step closer to a bowl game we so desperately need.

PS. For the love of God, Zeus, Zaroastor and the monster under my bed, please stop with that read no-option crap. Give Hurd/Lane some running time before they get the ball and let them blow into the hole instead of having to start from a dead stop 3 seconds after the ball is hiked.

2. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Rumor from TOS that Wolf is done for the year

3. BigOrangeBeech

I think our defense is able to keep them under 40

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think this is going to become an even more chronic problem with the no-hit-to-the-head rules and the sheer size of these guys.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Bad news. Potentially losing three offensive starters in the first two games.

Crowder still doesn't look very good. Kendrick wasn't quite as bad as I would have thought, but I doubt he can hold his own in SEC play. Could get real ugly.

Also pretty down on Maggitt. Haven't seen much out of him that makes me think we need to design packages to get him more PT. Owen Williams looks pretty fast for a DT. They ought to use him, Vereen, Weatherd, and Williams on obvious passing downs. I'd also consider switching out AJ if you are going to ask him to sit in coverage. Reeves-Maybin and hopefully Dillon Bates can handle that.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Play calling better improve.

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

We'll be lucky to win 4 more.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd say the OL is about that quality.

9. netnvol

netnvol Member

No joke. You think it would be obvious that NO ONE thinks Worley is keeping it. The offensive coaches know this isn't Varsity Blues or something right? Where we save the Worley keeper for that one perfect moment in the whole year at the end of the movie? It's nothing more than a wasted down and needs to stop.

10. yont sum iss?

I'd take 6 right now. Just get to a bowl. If Pearson and Wolf are out, kill me.

11. BigOrangeBeech

Sounds like both are.

12. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Five to seven. Lots of young uns. And play calling better improve.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Our OL is OVC level.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I never understood the Maggitt love.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Evidently only looks awesome in practice and against NC State.

16. yont sum iss?

@Bcountry18: Well ouch... Doing all I can to be back as soon as possible!! Thanks for all the prayers and support! http://t.co/EyQU6bbywT

Wolf on Twitter.

17. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Nail to the proverbial head, and players don't like it. They're trading in less chances for head injuries and concussions for potentially career-ending knee injuries. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Butch needs to employ the "J-A-G" jersey like Shawn Jefferson did with Justin Hunter because, from what I've seen Maggitt's "just another guy" out there at this point.

My oldest had a soccer game this afternoon so I didn't see the hit to Wolf. Is it his knee?

Either way, Pearson and Wolf are huge losses for the team. However...the way Worley spreads the ball around and the depth we have at WR, hopefully we can mitigate the impact of losing two highly skilled guys by plugging in Helm and have another WR step-up. I'm looking at you, Josh Malone.

18. yont sum iss?

Wolf is knee. Pearson looked like ankle/lower leg.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the offensive line....sucks

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't think Helm is quite ready for prime time. Thinking we see a lot more Downs and Ellis.