United Airlines has man assaulted and dragged off plane

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

plenty of airlines don't overbook though. southwest and jetblue don't as an example

2. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yeah, it was rough. Sorry about your experience. The better half was impacted to a lesser extent flying back from DC last Thursday. Was supposed to be home by 6PM (had tickets for a show at 8), but was delayed a couple of hours departing and then bounced twice in ATL to a flight that eventually got in after 2AM. At least he made it home same day adjacent. Several folks were stranded in Atlanta multiple days.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've had terrible experiences with spirit airlines.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

You should pretty much expect it with any of the low cost airlines - Frontier, Allegiant, Spirt, etc.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Frontier is consistently bad but not terrible.

Southwest is also consistently tolerable. I strongly avoid delta and United. United screwed me bad once. Left me stranded in Dallas with a 50 dollar hotel voucher. I was flying from Denver to Norfolk. Not helpful.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Would hitchhike, paraglide, somersault, etc. whatever it took to avoid being in Atlanta for more than 4 hours.

Like Jones, there's little I won't do to avoid going to Atlanta.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wife booked them for our trip to Disney in fall.

Great.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The passenger should have given his assaulters a Pepsi.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Orlando?

11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Make sure you have an extra day off at the end, and be prepared for the possibility you'll leave the day after you're scheduled.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

My feelings on flying aren't a secret, but I'd just drive if I were you.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes. Spirit may start charging for oxygen on the plane soon.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I went to Atlantic city for a bachelor party and strangely it was the only airline with that I could use to get back to LA. flight was delayed for hours for no reason, seats were uncomfortable, no in flight entrainment period. never again

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This was always the case flying Delta from Atlanta to Birmingham. Sometimes it would take combining as many as three flights into one to get enough passengers on the plane to fix it. It used to piss me off so roundly due to living between ATL and BHM and the company I worked for forcing me to fly out if BHM. Sometimes I would be forced to wait for half a day or longer when I could have driven home in a little over an hour.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

What was the purpose of flying you in and out of Birmingham?

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the backlash seems to be that this is a reaction to price pressure by the consumers, but why is it this shit never happens with the well run airlines like jetblue or southwest or virgin?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Virgin and Alaska Airlines are the two best I have experienced (but obviously I haven't experienced them all).

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was hoping for another late 90s style price purge when oil went down, but it hasn't happen. They are still charging a fuel surcharge I believe.