United Airlines has man assaulted and dragged off plane

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Apr 10, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Never has flying been so popular, so miserable, and apparently so unprofitable.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like it's been all those things for a long while.

3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I was flying Atlanta to Saigon for years... Delta pissed me off so bad, I fired them and started flying Korean Air... And I had made platinum several years in a row.

Took a break from traveling and now back to about one domestic trip a month... Because I'm in Atlanta, I've hired them back... So far, they haven't ticked me off.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Any airline that has Alaskan Amber is good for me

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It is bizzare they can't pull a profit given the fact I honestly can't remember the last time I was on a flight that wasn't completely full.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Like a lot of things with that company, the reasons were confusing and never made clear to the average peon. My understanding was it had something to do with spending money locally so that tax dollars stayed locally. A generous incentive package was provided to help lure them to the area, so this may have been some way of paying them back or fulfilling some agreement that was unpublicized.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm sure a lot of the flights to smaller markets aren't full. I've been on a few where almost everyone had an entire row.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah I've pretty much never been on one than wasn't completely full either

10. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Airlines make more money selling miles than seats.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-31/airlines-make-more-money-selling-miles-than-seats

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I know the seats filled rate has gone from the 70s to the 90s

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't seen an empty seat in years. I am usually flying between hubs though

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Flying is more miserable than ever. I read that the widest economy class seats of today are narrower than the narrowest from 20 years ago. Being in one for more than four hours is pretty intolerable. We are heavier now too. All this and the stewardesses are still the same baby boomers that got hired in for their looks in 1975.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I try to only fly Southwest, they've been as good as you can ask for.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The email that United CEO sent to employees has been leaked. It's much worse than the non-apology apology sent out for public consumption.

Tone deaf comes to mind. Good chance this CEO will suddenly invoke his golden parachute retirement plan soon.

17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...cident-dragging-passenger-staff-a7677721.html

18. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Lufthansa is the gold standard as far as I'm concerned. (Though I've never ridden Singapore Air, which I've heard is world class).

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not real but funny...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Oh... Snap