Unpopular opinions thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Mar 24, 2016.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

absolutely absurd. you do have to forget it's essentially completely made up and historically inaccurate, but it's a good movie.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Historically inaccurate? That's being kind

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh so you are one of "those people?"

btw lord of the rings was boring and slow as shit, but at least an ok movie. the two that followed sucked balls.

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Agree with everything you said. I love the guy and what he's doing in life, but his speeches have little impact. I understand why they are inspirational to others. Perhaps it's a case of me being an emotionless monster.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

wait are you telling me that he really didn't impregnate the queen of England?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is the opposite for me, GCB. My emotional waves have crests and troughs far beyond what are generated by his speaking, on a daily basis.

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Kids are overrated.

(don't get me wrong I love both my kids more than life itself) But we were way happier as a couple before we had kids. And we went 7 years before having kids so I have experience as a couple without them.

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Yup. Same here. We went 6 years before we had our one (and thankfully, only) child. I love her more than anything but having a kid is a PITA, and an expensive one at that.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eww. I am a pretty even keeled kind of guy. I couldn't stand being up/down like that.

If you don't like it, have you ever tried a form of meditation?

10. NorrisAlan

My life before kids was great (married 11 years before Jon was born). But I could not imagine a life without them and it is infinitely better.

For me.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

That last sentence was mainly jest. In truth, I am likely closer to you in the reasoning. Perhaps it is the delivery because I can be moved by speeches. DFW's Kenyon College speech gives me chills every time I listen, so I know it happens.

12. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I think we just both got used to being so free we had no idea what is was going to be like to be shackled down. We don't have a lot of family help when it comes to watching them.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I honestly think we are happier with them than before (outside of the first year after they were born).

14. Savage Orange

Same here. Not much help at all. Fortunately our daughter is pretty cool and (as of right now, at 10 years old) not very high maintenance as far as extras go... The necessities are expensive enough! When she gets into her teens I shudder to think how much it's gonna run me.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think I certainly would have felt that way if we were younger. we also had problems getting pregnant. by the time they came we were ready to be shackled down.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There are about 2 or 3 Nickelback songs I actually like.

I also have no idea why the hell people voluntarily eat tuna.

17. NorrisAlan

Freedom is an illusion anyway ;)

That said I have always been a homebody, and never partied or did anything extravagant. So the kids are just perfect for us.

18. NorrisAlan

Sounds like my wife and me. We had a devil of a time, and were about to start trying adoption when she got pregnant.

19. Savage Orange

Good source of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids. I love it.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the canned stuff or do you not like fresh either? I like both btw