Update NCAA 2014 rosters

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by IP, Oct 28, 2014.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I looked into this more last night. While you can network some games, EA Sports titles require communication with their server. There is no way around it as yet.

I looked into my old offline dynasty save. Looks like I was in Year 6 or something at Tulane, waiting for Butch to get fired. Tennessee was only winning 6 to 8 games a season, but that was enough to keep the ole Butcher around. I started scheduling them to try and give them an extra L, but I may just start over since it has been so long anway. I started out as defensive coordinator at UMass and then took the head job at Tulane after two good years. I was running a cheesy Multiple D that I'm not proud of, and a Run and Shoot offense that was pretty fun.

Think I am going to start over as an offensive coordinator at Army or Air Force, and purposely limit myself to jobs outside of the Big 5 except Tennessee. You know, for realism's sake. Gonna collect some Commander in Chief trophies.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

i've tried to run the flexbone before and as I recall I concluded it wasn't viable with the way the game mechanics work. Might try to do a power-option offense using I form, Wishbone, and Pistol sets.

I am going to try to avoid shotgun formations because they are just ridiculously overpowered in this game. It is easier to get good yardage running from shotgun than under center, which is Oregon ass-kissing silliness.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I'm seriously in

4. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I also thought the coach skill tree stuff was possibly some of the worst stuff ever implemented in this series.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

The problem with it is that it exacerbated the advantages better players already had. I wouldn't mind it if everyone had a set amount of points to distribute how they saw fit, strategically.

6. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member