Update on a few recruits

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Aug 1, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

From Galilee on VolQuest, many of you know who he is

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's a sad, sad day when getting a recruit of U of Memphis is considered a victory.

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Basketball?

4. InVolNerable

Shit, wrong forum. I wasn't paying attention.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Great news. Anyone care to weigh in on what that will do for the overall talent level of the team in future seasons? It seems like it would solidify us as an upper tier SEC team.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Would be a very, very good class. I sold be happy and pleasantly surprised we have done that well west of the river.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Seems like a lot of years there's enough talent over there to be competitive. And it's not all Memphis. That's a big misconception people from east TN have.

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Nick King in town today. Boom?

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Austin Nichols took an unofficial to Memphis this past weekend.

Keith Easterwood was on the Gary Parrish show today and said that Memphis was not out of the race for this kid like some seem to have thought. He said that Nichols mom would love for him to stay home.

I talked to a former Memphis player the other day that knows Austin pretty well. His opinion was that Duke and Tennessee were better fits for Austin than the University of Memphis. He also mentioned that he thought the visit and the sudden positive talk about Memphis could be more for show.

I guess time will tell....Oh an if you want to get a good laugh, checking out homefry's tiger message board is good for that....you can learn about how TN has ruined Stokes, TN's facilities are sub par, and how TN will not make the AA's for the foreseeable future. And you can learn that the guy with the screen name "MuchLuck" is a really angry little fella in regards to UT...haha

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Memphis doesn't even have it's own arena.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Melrose HS '13 Markel Crawford committed to Memphis today.

I believe this was expected.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is he the recruit that recently tore his ACL?

13. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

I actually thought he was more of a backup option for them.

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yes. Read that he had surgery today.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Saw on the tweeter that King may announce Monday.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

17. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I bet you think playing in a new NBA arena means nothing to recruits either. Moron.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This rationale must explain the elite talent that each of the following schools pull in each year:

San Diego State (Qualcomm)
    Temple (Lincoln Financial)
    South Florida (Raymond James)
    Tulane (Louisiana Superdome)
    Pitt (Heinz Field)

Or, not.

I don't mean to speak for him, but I believe he meant to infer that Memphis State's inability to afford its own stadium is only so much more evidence of its true stature as a fifth rate institution, and who neither has been nor will likely ever be of any sustained consequence, if any, to anyone fortunate enough to live outside of Shelby County, or who aren't sadists who prefer crime-riddled cesspools.

But I'm just guessing, really. Totally shot in the dark.

19. InVolNerable

Seems as though you're reaching way too far.

20. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Difference is, can a player roll out of bed, walk 200 feet and throw shots in an NBA-quality facility?

The NBA factor is nice, though.