US and NK Summit

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You seriously [itch bay]ing about meeting with NK?
    At times when thats all someone is capable of, they get tuned out.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Circle back around, as in go to war. Which has been the goal of these maneuvers.

That 150 B was their assets from prior to the revolution. They absolutely had to end their nuclear weapons program, and did. It's probably gong to start up again, giving Bolton and Netanyahu their war.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So we should not try and deal with him diplomatically because he has murdered so many people.

We should not hold him accountable for the murders and for lobing missiles towards us with threats to drop a nuclear bomb on us by vaporizing him.

What do you want?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes. Without any preconditions, any sort of agreement or requirement, there's no reason for the Unites States of America to give a guy who runs concentration camps and orders political executions a photo op.

North Korea has been desirous of such a meeting for years. They want validation, international status on an equal level.

So, Trump just gave them this and got nothing in return, just some vagaries on a piece of paper. Had Obama done this, he'd be accused of being a weak commie sympathizer.

5. Ssmiff

Judas freaking priest

zehr27 likes this.
  6. Unimane

Ok, buddy. What did the master negotiator get from this meeting out of North Korea?

You're a fool if you don't think this was a propaganda victory for Un. A complete and utter fool.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do find it shocking that trump hasn’t been nearly as hawkish as his predecessors.

8. Unimane

Series of tweets I found interesting and sobering onthe subject.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Have you been in a hole the past couple of months?!? They released 3 American hostages, they dismantle a nuclear test site, they stopped lobing missiles towards us, they dropped demands that the US remove troop from South Korea.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The left buries Trump for meeting with him. They’d be celebrating Obama for it.

And the reverse is true for the right. They’d be hammering Obama for playing patty-cake with Un.

A-Smith and hohenfelsvol like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Undoing decades of a mess takes time and recently/yesterday was more than has been done in a long time. I believe those surrounding NK may be a little more pleased at this path than previous as well. regardless of me being a fool or whatever the word is here today.
    What I am not, is a one trick pony filled with bias and hate making me incapable of any semblance of objectivity.

And nobody even mentions recent VA news. Things finally changing for vets, and all you care about is a [uck fay]ing tweet or pic.

12. Unimane

They've released hostages before, including under Obama. They never were lobbing missiles "at us". The nuclear site collapsed and couldn't be used anyway.

Meanwhile, Trump fawns over a dictator while denigrating leaders of Canada, Britain, Germany, etc.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

To isolate him until he steps down. To end the regime.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

That their nuke site collapsed to initiate this whole conversation goes completely overlooked.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have no problems with meeting with Kim, simply because we have to get some dialogue with the country. I don't think it validates Kim any more than he already has been just as being dictator of a country.

Nixon meet with China and they murdered 3 million+ of their populace and caused more suffering than Kim could ever think of doing during the Cultural Revolution. Sometimes, you just have to move past that, and now that NK is a nuclear country, you cannot simply pretend they are not there any longer.

And lets be honest, they are not ever going to give up their nuclear arsenal. No sovereign state would ever do so, imho, without some kind of invasion. And that would cost far more lives than trying to negotiate with them.

As for Trump, his "winging it" methodology in this scares the bejeezus out of me, and his adoration of dictators is dangerous.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IMO, the endgame of this is his comment on the beaches and the condos - get in there, develop, make money.

Again, JMO

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would have been just as happy yesterday if Trump pulled a pistol from his ankle holster and rid the World of the bastard. I just want the US to be safer from the threat of a nuclear missile. I want the people of that region to feel safer. I want a better life for the North Koreans. Whether that is done diplomatically or by taking him out, I don't care.

For the people not wanting diplomacy and not wanting to take him out, what do you want?

18. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Damn'd if you do. Damn'd if you don't. Love this country.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am for regime change. How do you propose that the US isolate him to the point that he steps down?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018