UT Athletics

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 20, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

When that happens I believe a majority of it is a reflection of the offense. The system and how it's implemented doesn't seem to leave much room for what we'd consider "reading" a defense in the traditional sense. When things breakdown at the development of the reads were it be their quick game or downfield RNS schemes, the QB, no matter who he is, isn't going to look good when adjusting on the fly.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I think he’s gotta prove he can throw on the run under pressure. He did not look to do that last year when he left the pocket.

3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t see him being a 1st rounder. He’s looked at like a Kroger brand Matt corral by most pre draft people last cycle.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Putting up wins against better teams this year may change that perception

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

His head was down when he decided to buy time or run. If he gets his head up looking downfield as he buys time or acts like he’s going to run he will be nastier

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We finished 13th in the Director’s Cup (tracks the winningest overall athletic departments in D1). Second best finish in school history. Ends a decade long drought of finishing outside the top 20.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

While this is great the sport that matters the most still needs to get going.

IP, PilotFlyingJ and InVolNerable like this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I got [uck fay]ing disrespected at a 4th of July party with a vol hat on. They didn't know tennessee ever won a national title. Thought our history was having Peyton manning. Said something like "schools like Tennessee will never have a chance in the sec." He was not trolling. That's how it is perceived from afar.

justingroves likes this.
  9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The last 20+ years have really taken their toll.

10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Point taken, I don’t disagree, but that sounds like a person who has no idea what they’re talking about or is an incredibly casual fan.

I’m sure you were cordial, I always try to be as long as it’s not someone arrogantly acting like they know more than they do.

I’m also curious why he thinks Tennessee never has a chance, did he expand on that? There is no truly good answer, but normally it’s the recruiting territory comment which I’ve always found completely idiotic. It just became a common line that everyone parrots but has roughly zero basis in reality.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Recruiting against Bama and Georgia and the rest.

12. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

You should have told him Georgia has been non existent for the last 40 years.

PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I did, but he doesn't see it that way. He sees a team that beats the Vols more often than not, just won a national title, has gone to the SEC championship game many times in the last 20 years, and is recruiting strongly year in and year out.

He's not wrong. If Georgia is "non existent" then we are even more so.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I belittle those type of idiots to the point they either want to fight or cry

Memtownvol and CardinalVol like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Same.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's all well and good, but until Tennessee gets competitive who's really having the last laugh?

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The proper response from a fine [Tennessee] Southern gentleman, should have been "Well, bless your heart." The amount of eye-roll and sarcasm you wished to have dripped off the statement, is a personal choice based on the individual's dumbassery.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sounds to me like somebody needed a firecracker or 3 dropped at his feet. No need to say anything back.

InVolNerable likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, this was not trash talk. This was sincere casual banter. That's what made it cut so deep.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah. It hurts way more when they think they're having a legitimate neutral conversation.

Still deserves a firework in the urethra.

Memtownvol likes this.