UT currently #7 in 2018 recruiting

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by dc4utvols, Jun 21, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

dc????!!!! what's going on?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He's done it on defense, at least.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Shoop hired Charlton and wanted Hoke. Hoke and Butch knew each other fairly well.

Shoop fell in Butch's lap.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If this had been the staff from the beginning, we might be having a different conversation.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not as long as we run Butch's offense.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree with Norris. When the hole is smaller, Butch digs deeper.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

/argument

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Doesn't require defense as his system is infallible.

9. Tenacious D

Not sure.

I like the potential for calamitous spectacle in watching Tennessee's season unfold with an unproven QB getting calls in from an OC who has never called a single play in a collegiate game.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The east being terrible is the only reason why he has a chance to continue.

I think we get a chance to see how bold Currie is. Jones will win 7 or 8 and leave him in a spot.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If he finishes 7-5 and one of those 5 losses are to one of USCe, UK, Vandy, Mizzou, Umass, Indiana St. Or S. Miss, I can't see how he's back next season.

If they finish 7-5 and the losses are to Bama, LSU, UF, UGA, and GA Tech I could see them potentially brining him back. Not saying I think he should be back, just stating what I think the admin would do in that situation.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I personally think Currie is itching for a reason to let him go and may have a bit more independence than Hart ever had.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If this proves to be the case I think he's gone with anything short of winning the east this year. With me, it'd be win a natty or get out. But I do wonder just how much of it really is his decision.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't imagine if butch is canned and some other dude without a wiki page is his replacement though. That would unite the fan base in malice

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Currie gets winning cures all ills. Just not sure someone in football who can win will coach for him.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Until the introductory press conference. Then he's Vince Lombardi reincarnated.

17. Tenacious D

FYP

18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I am basically neutral on Butch. I like the improvements in the W-L but until we are beating Bama again like we did under Fulmer I wont be satisfied. I hate that team and never pull for them. I could care less if the go 0-12 for the next 1000 years.

This program has sucked for so long I am numb to the mediocrity. I used to throw stuff jump up and down and have my BP go through the roof after a loss. Now I just complain like some old 90 year old man.

I came to this site after Volsb*tch closed because I wanted to hear the doom and gloom from someone other than Basilio. You rarely get that over at VQ. I think Hubbs probably doesn't allow it. I was never a paying member even though I been on that site for more than 15 years. So I dont see the premium stuff. Free chat is a grave yard most of the time.

That being said I think you guys can be too negative. I see progress even if it is slow. Will we win an SECC under Butch. I honestly don't think we will. How do you cut the guy loose when you risk another decade of suck.

Well I have always felt you go out and get the rockstar signed and then fire Butch. No one would care. Even the janitor wouldn't notice Butch sneaking out the back and throwing his orange gear in the trash. Thanks for your service, the check is in the mail.

But the question is: Who do you get that can come in and out recruit and out coach Saban? That is the only question. If you cant answer that then why bother firing Butch?

When you can answer that I dont care what Butch's record is. Get that man and lets kick some Bammer arse.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

There is a pretty good list of SEC coaches that can and have beat Saban. No one is expecting a 10 win streak over him, but Butch would lose 100/100.

20. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Post has it all. Could care less. Too negative. Ain't gonna win nothing, but can't fire him cause we might continue to not win anything. Who ya gonna get?

And the best: the idea that we're having trouble regularly beating Saban, when the truth is, we're having trouble regularly beating MUSCHAMP.

Insightful as always.