Ut uk

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by emainvol, Feb 17, 2015.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If I coached that team, I'd start Ulis and Booker over the twins.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Yep.

That team looks much different with those 2 and Townes on the bench.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He did for the first half of the season.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm not sure what you're expecting

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not expecting anything really. If there were a Tyndall confidence quotient on our profiles I would put in a 50. I feel like some of you guys are much higher.

I think he has done an acceptable job. But I'm not sold at all that this is the guy that gets us back into the national picture like we were a few years ago.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

He still has to do it, but all i know is it's pretty doggone amazing to be around .500 in league play with a cast like ours, not to mention Derek Reese as your 5 man.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well, the main problem that I'm seeing is that he looks really bad in the orange jacket. And I don't think he can pull off the body paint either, but if you wanna be a lemming...

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I ask this having not actually watched but maybe three games this year:

Is it really impressive that we're sitting at .500 in league play? The moral victories, as we all are aware, are moral victories, so how impressive are the actual victories? Because, as I've understood, the SEC's been rather shitty over the course of... history.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

No. The league sucks.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought Tennessee would be on the bottom end though.

The Butler win was a nice surprise.

I'm expecting him to be fired due to his ncaa violations at Southern Miss

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We've been moving rapidly in that direction.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

we've got a team overachieving and some of y'all don't like that either

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Roster isn't great but it's not like UT has played a gauntlet of games

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is this a "not a true fan" post? Or am I misreading?

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Exactly. Overachieving means beating better lineups. We have done so roughly once. Rebounding effort has murdered us.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

No. It's an "I disagree with your assessment" post.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Butler, KSU, Arkansas, all indisputably have better lineups. A couple more arguably do. Road wins should be worth something. And every single team in the league has better frontcourt players.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Butler? Better lineup? Arkansas does, except on the road where they don't win.

I don't think there is any merit to the overachievement thing. I think we're about where we expected. Prognosticators sticking us at the bottom lowered expectations below the talent level. There are some guys on this team who can play. We still don't rebound.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree with this and think Tyndall has done a good job. It makes sense that they would struggle down the stretch as teams figure them out and not to mention they're lineup is thin. It's also notable that he doesn't have a PG and his best post player gets compared to Dane Bradshaw. A-Smith may be on to something about some people being over the top positive but it seems odd to call that out when the over the top negativity is comparable in ridiculousness.

This may sound like a "who you gonna get" comment but I would think the list of coaches that could get more out of that lineup is pretty small.

20. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

[​IMG]