UT v Lenoir-Rhyne Postgame Discussion

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by lylsmorr, Nov 6, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It's fair to call this one early considering UT is up 45.

Bone played really well tonight. Looks like the game has slowed down and he's running the offense well. Think his stroke is still just a little too flat to be accurate nightly from 3 point range but he could wear a team out from 15-18 feet.

Alexander still looks like a baby giraffe running with the ball but he was great in the paint tonight. I wouldn't expect anything less against a D2 team and he's the biggest guy on the court. Hope that keeps up against better teams.

Schofield is a human swiss army knife. Midrange fadeaway? Check. Three point shot? Check. Midrange pull up? Check. Offensive rebounding? Check. Defensive rebounding? Check. Perimeter defense? Check. Should I keep going?

Grant is still Grant. Doesn't look like he has lost anything from his SEC POY form. UT didn't need to go through him as much since the entire team played well.

Never, ever, ever go up for a dunk against Yves Pons. Lacks range on offense but who cares? He does everything else pretty well. I'd like to see him turn into a more athletic Kenneth Faried.

Was hoping that DJ Burns would get time tonight to warm up for the season. Post depth was poor last year and UT needs Burns to play.

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

We good

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just don't do the same thing you did for football season by getting your hopes up and having a breakdown by midseason.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Love me some Fulk. Good passer and energy

5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I knew football wasn’t going to be good. The offensive gameplan/playcalling has been dookie except for the SC game, that’s where the frustration comes from.

This basketball team is a contender. Pleasantly surprised with ole Rick.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every loss means Tennessee is 4-8

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

UT basketball #6 in the country
    UT football 4-5

UK Football top 15ish
    UK basketball #2 in the country gets run by 34

End times.

CardinalVol and utvol0427 like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

kmf600 likes this.
  9. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

I wouldn’t expect to see Burns this year. He won’t be needed unless Alexander or Walker go down. He should still be a HS senior so it was huge just getting him in the program a year early

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Apocalypse deferred.