Vacation

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hallowed_hill, May 24, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Caught about 50 sharpnose(?) And bonnet head sharks today. The one cobia we hooked broke us off. Fun times

2. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I'm headed to the best on earth. The place most of y'all consider home (and I do too, I just don't get to reside there). Tennessee, sounds oh so good to me!

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Key West and the Bronx for me this summer.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My vacation will be to fly to Knoxville, then help a lady friend drive from there to Portland, OR. Sex will likely be involved.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

We took a long weekend trip to north New Jersey and New York to visit some friends a few weeks ago. That'll likely be the only vacation this year. We're saving up the vacation days for when the baby arrives. I do get a week of paternity leave, so that's nice...but I want to try to take two, so I'll need the days.

I'm a co-PI on a research project with Cambridge University and the team is heading over in mid-August. Any other year, my wife would have been heading over with me and we would have added on a week to hit up England/Scotland (would have been a nice anniversary/birthday present for her). But, that is right when the baby is due, so we'll be staying here! I've never been to England (save Heathrow a few times)...but I'll probably go by myself in November. That'll be cool, but would much rather go with the wife...or at least some co-workers.

How was Key West Beecher - I've wanted to make it down there for a while.

6. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

Yellowstone.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've got to go to a wedding in Chicago in September too, I'll make it a week long trip.
    I haven't had a vacation in 3 years so I'm going to get in two this year.

I'll probably take 3 or 4 days in January to duck hunt, probably take a week off in early November to deer hunt too

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Going to Anna Maria in July for a week. I'll end up in HHI sometime, probably in the fall. Already spent a week this year in Vegas/Grand Canyon and I'm making a trip up to Indy this weekend.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

You need to find somewhere Jordan Ross is playing. He is entertaining and a good guy to have a drink with. He does covers of just about anything you can think of and mixes in a little of his own stuff.