Vandy coach James Franklin is looking for a few attractive wives

Discussion in 'Sports' started by VolDad, May 31, 2012.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So you're thinking of joining the Vanderbilt football staff. You have a great resume, experience and talent. But getting a job on James Franklin's staff isn't about any of those things, it's about how attractive your wife is.

Franklin unabashedly said so during a radio interview Wednesday where he claimed that one of the first things he does when looking at perspective hires is size up their wives.

Yeah, creepy.

"I've been saying it for a long time, I will not hire an assistant coach until I've seen his wife. If she looks the part, and she's a D-I recruit (one of the nation's best-of-the-best), then you got a chance to get hired. That's part of the deal."

Vandy coach James Franklin is looking for a few attractive wives *UPDATED* | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

2. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

His twitter meltdown has been pretty funny:

"I enjoy my family, my job, interviews w/ the media, meeting new people, learning & getting better & not taking my self or my job 2 serious!"

"My foot doesn't taste good, I hope I did not offend any1, I love & respect ALL,have a great day, enjoy the fam & don't forget 2 #AnchorDown"

"Attempt at humor obviously fell a few yds short. Was speaking to the courage it takes 4 men 2 approach the women who become their wives!!!!!"

"If a man can convince the women of his dreams 2 marry him,he can probably do just about anything,that type of confidence along w/ coaching"

"Skills is what I am looking 4.As a husband & father of 2 daughters I regret the way I conveyed my message!"

"I clearly used language that doesn't reflect my views on women and I am SORRY!"

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has a point, though.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's never understood the phrase "It's better to be thought an idiot with your mouth shut than to open it and remove all doubt"

5. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

He took a line from Moneyball.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm absolutely amazed that he'd let something so patently stupid come out of his mouth, and publicly no less, and that he still didn't have the good sense to squash it, but actually made it worse on Twitter.

He's always seemed so smart and polished.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

It's funny how far Clay Travis will go to defend this guy.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. if you don't have the balls to go after good tail how are you going to go after 5 star studs.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He makes a great point.

Still stupid to say out loud though.

10. CardinalVol

This does beg the question of.........................How does this man do it?

[​IMG]

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Is she sneezing or does she always look like that?

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

probably was decent looking 20 years ago.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I completely agree with the point he was making. It's the truth. But it's one of those truths that you keep under your hat. The fact that he isn't socially calibrated enough to know that such statements are unlikely to be well received by a general public that includes lots of ugly women and their loser husbands is the part that I'm most concerned about if I'm a Vandy fan.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world doesn't want to hear some truths spoken out loud. The world doesn't want to hear most truths.

15. CardinalVol

If a picture exists then show it to me. I've not seen one yet that gives me any hope she was.

16. CardinalVol

And this is what Les thinks about this.

[​IMG]

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

maybe she's his "beard." she certainly looks like she wants to play for the other team.

18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I would rather have Dooley than Franklin and that is saying something. I would rather have Dooley than Muschamp for that matter.

19. Franklin's wife is ironically not attractive.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any pics out there?