Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 20, 2022.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You lose to Candy and it's pretty much a sure thing that you won't amount to shit here.

utvol0427 and justingroves like this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You’re pumping up a Vandy team whose best win is over a 6-5 Florida or a 6-5 UK, both of which took place once those teams’ seasons were basically over.

Again, I’m not saying it’s impossible. If Milton is just flat out bad, and the team plays uninspired, sure, we could lose. But I’d say it’s probably more likely that we beat Vandy by 3+ scores than lose to them.

sellsman11 likes this.
  3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My emotions after last night were ready for a Milton-led Tennessee to be favored by single digits.

Actual line: Vols-14

I think that’s about right. We have a lot to figure out on defense, and we’ll lose if we play like yesterday. But Vandy isn’t actually good, and our offense should be good for 30+ even with Milton at the helm. This should be a double-digit win, even with the known deficiencies. If it’s nervy, we have even more troubles than we know.

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Torn ACL for Hooker

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

South Carolina is very bad

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Hooker ACL confirmed. Life really isn’t fair. He deserved an ending so much better than this.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Sucks for him and his family

8. yont sum iss?

Obviously it was mostly due to that shit field, but we all knew he was going to get hurt eventually. Why does he run like that?

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

They should still invite him to NY. Only misses 1 game. Probably won't though.

10. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That's heartbreaking.

I hate that will be the final play and game for him here.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seeing the speed at which people have turned on Heupel, I fear that the real problem actually is the fans. The best and worst thing about Tennessee.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  12. yont sum iss?

Who’s turning on Heupel? I see a lot of people saying changes need to be made defensively which is more than fair.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no issue with that, I said that. I have seen plenty talking like Heupel needs to kick bricks. Which is insanity.

InVolNerable and Tar Volon like this.
  14. yont sum iss?

I haven’t seen that and really doubt it’s a significant enough faction to ask if the fans are the real problem at TN. If anything, I’d say our fanbase sticks with coaches too long.

InVolNerable likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Heupel has earned benefit of doubt but Martinez has not and there's legit questions about Banks. Heupel's rep hinges how he resolves this.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

ABSOLUTELY on the sticking with coaches too long. I was low on Dooley early on but didn't really know what to think about him at times. I didn't hate him I just didn't like him.

But as soon as we hired that Trumpet [uck fay]ing Leprechaun I hated him from day one. I have a good friend who lives in Cincinnati that told me about 3 minutes after they announced him that we were screwed, glued, and tattooed. He told me all about all kinds of bullshit associated with that moron. He said he was a cliche machine, had little man syndrome, was a snake oil salesman, and a piece of shit human being. Then said but even with all of those endearing qualities that his most egregious issue was that he was a complete fraud as a head football coach and was JUST smart enough to get the hell out of town at previous jobs right before things would go completely sideways.

And of course he was dead on accurate in all of his assessments. But the majority of our mouthbreathing fanbase took up for that ijit until his last year when there was just no way to keep defending him. They would poormouth everything and say, "who ya' gonna git? And drive that narrative that no one wants to coach at Tennessee and ol' Butch is doing the best he can and it's not his fault. You know, he told us it takes 6-8 years to build a program and he is such a great role model to these boys on the team and knows what's really important.

Boy, he was a real role model. After the gag order was lifted and you heard radio personalities - especially Basilio and his crew - able to tell some stories you got the real picture of just how big of a piece of filth that asshat really was. I had family members that quit talking to me because they were pissed off I would go off on him in Facebook rants. Seriously. And I lost some friends who thought I was just too unfair to him. I wasn't a "real" fan because I didn't stick by the Vols no matter what. I was just not willing to have shit shoveled into my mouth and being happy with it. It's funny because all these years later all those people that wanted to defend Botch come hell or high water all make fun of him now. And they all act like they knew he was a piece of garbage and a bad coach. I can go back and look and show - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that is NOT the case and they are all full of shit.

You guys on here - we don't always get along but we all want the same things. And I think we all understand the way this works for the most part. I can't stand a good portion of our fanbase because they really are mouthbreathing idiots themselves. And if Heupel - God forbid - goes 2-9 next year - they'll all remind us until the end of time how great 2022 was and that he deserves as much time as he needs to get the job done. Now, I think Heupel is a great offensive mind and seems to be a DECENT human being which is also nice. He's not a moron or a cliche machine and acts like he lives and breathes football and it's his drug. He comes across as a normal guy which is a nice change of pace. If he doesn't make it here I won't hate him for it. I didn't even hate Coach Gomer even though I probably should have. It wasn't his fault the Walrus decided to hire Bama Boy while the Walrus himself daydreamed of actually covertly coaching the team and putting that whistle around his triple chinned neck one more good time.

I'm going to give Heupel the benefit of the doubt IF he makes the changes that needs to be made. At this point there's no way - at all - that they can stick with the Banks and Martinez. Go out and get anybody with a pulse and at least try to get someone that can help make a difference. Rest assured the majority of our fanbase is still ready to erect a statue and name streets after Heupel. The one's calling for his head are mouthbreathers - and imbeciles on top of it. The vast majority of the fanbase are already out there trying to spin last night into not being as big of a deal as it was. Because, we ALL would have taken a 10-2 record if someone told us we could have it going into the last game prior to the season. Yes Terrance that is factually accurate but if you told those same people that we would be 10-1 going into South Carolina's game with wins over Bama, LSU, and Florida and our only loss to the #1 team in the country and a fairly good chance of making the CFB playoff just by beating USCjr and Vandy and then tell them that not only would we lose to USCjr but we'd lose to them so badly (giving up over 60 points to a non-ranked team for the first time in like 100 years of CFB) then those same people would not be nearly as thrilled. Put it in that context and it's hard to swallow what happened against USCjr. I still can't wrap my pea brain around it.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Fans will turn fast. Wait till next year when we don’t get the surprise of our UT lives for the last couple decades.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I mean there's Bama fans ready to fire Saban. Not surprised we have a few insane ones. Not gonna say the fans are worse here than anywhere else though.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Don’t remember the last time I’ve been this depressed after a loss. Woke up in a fog almost. Between the ass kicking and Hendon’s ACL, it’s awful. From one extreme to the other in a month’s time. For everything we’ve accomplished this season, last night puts a haze over it. Hope the guys can recover from this and grit one out next week because it will be damn near miserable if we lose to that sorry ass bunch in Nashville.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was more depressed from the UGA loss. This was just waking up. You don't go from irrelevant to champions in a season. This was a good step forward, but we aren't there yet. A big part of there is consistency. We aren't consistent.

Indy likes this.