Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 20, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

After last week’s results I hope Vandy doesn’t get checkered. It would be very embarrassing if we lost. I know that’s loser talk but this isn’t the absolute slam dunk it looked like 2 weeks ago.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Butch Jones would not have won that game. He’s probably an average coach.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

That game Saturday was 10 x more painful than Ga St

InVolNerable likes this.
  4. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I'm absolutely worried about this game.

Team can come out flat with nothing to play for and demoralized after losing Hooker and getting your tails whipped.

Vandy will absolutely come to play.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t have confidence we will stop the qb. We will probably sit way back and let him dump the the TE all day or run for 7 pc

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Alright I've completely changed my mind on this in the span of a few hours. The wonders of caffeine.

We need to checker them. Twill lift the spirit. Tis the season.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's the spirit

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think people want Beamer to be bad because of all those corny TikToks. But honestly I think he’s fine for a place like South Carolina that has modest expectations. I think he’s good enough to regularly win 7 or 8 games. That’s all you have to do there.

also, he can deny it all he wants but there’s zero chance Marcus Satterfield called every play of that game. That was a completely retooled playbook from what they had on film and it caught us off guard.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just realized I'll be in Nashville this Saturday. Wonder if this one is worth going to.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s still an opportunity to get to the program’s first major bowl of the 21st century. I’d go if I could.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have had a feeling about each game, all year long (right or wrong), but this game, I just have no [uck fay]ing clue.

KY Vols or USCjr Vols going to show up?

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Thanksgiving, Turkey, they all begin with the letter "T". That means Tennessee wins. That's my rationalization for today.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Hard to know what Milton is is the main problem.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

True, but I have loved what I have seen so far this year. His numbers in garbage time have been eye popping.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My prediction is that the defense plays better. Just Florida level should be enough. I also think the players like Milton and will play hard. I think we come out and successfully run the football for a lot of yards and win. I'll say 45-30

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We got to see a good amount of him this past Saturday in "not garbage time." Loved the deep ball ability. Can't remember who it was that he hit on a mile long throw in the endzone, but dude just dropped it. Also loved seeing him run. Looked like a mixture of called runs and him just taking off. That's the sort of thing I have wished Hooker would do more. Milton looked athletic and aware when running.

Didn't love the high throws, and there were a concerning number of them for how many attempts he had. Hopefully he can eliminate that as he settles in.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the opportunity Milton is here for, tbh. He'll be looking to start his era.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Kinda ironic his 2nd chance starts the same his first ended. Game and a half-ish in lose your starting role with an injury, game and a half-ish to go get another shot via injury.

I am rooting for him but I am butthurt about Hooker.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That's a good point I hadn't considered. If he shows out, gotta think it will go a long way towards cementing him as the starter next season.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He’s the starter next year already. His team now till it’s not