Vandy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volgrad98, Nov 20, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Likely destination

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The problem withe the Cotton Bowl is the uninspiring opponent.

OneForVol likes this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I thought I'd get the bad taste out of my mouth by watching my first NFL game of the season on Sunday. I settled in to watch my favorite team the 8-1 Vikings play the 6-3 Cowboys at home. The Cowboys had given about 500 yards rushing the previous 2 weeks and were realing. The Vikings were coming off a thrilling OT win over Buffaloe and had juiced crowd at home. The Cowboys proceeded to beat down Minnesota in a most humiliating fashion. I give up. I turned off the game early in the 3rd quarter. It happens, even with the pros.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For the last 15 years, I’ve been amazed at how far we’ve fallen as a national championship contender.

The longer this goes on though, I’m gradually becoming more amazed that we somehow went undefeated and won a national championship in the first place.

I know it can happen again…but I wonder…

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I really don’t care if it’s a W tbh. I want 11 wins.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If ND beats USC, do they slide in and take the Orange?

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It would still be the program’s first major bowl since 1999. I’ll take it.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure a 3 loss team that doesn't play a conference championship will get a NY6 bowl. Especially when 2 of those loses came from Stanford and Marshall.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not likely.

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If their name is Notre Dame they sure will have a hell of a shot.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The fact that we are getting a shot at a NY6 bowl is still amazing. This is beyond anyone's expectations for this team before the season started.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

No doubt but that is a tough sell.

13. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

off topic, but... it nerves me to no [uck fay]ing end that two teams we beat are now at #5 and #7.

I'll accept that we're at #10.
    ... but if that's true and accurate, then bama and lsu should be below that... after all, they both got beat by a team that got their shit pushed in by Sakerlina.

Anyway, back to cheering for UGA to lose.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

They would have to jump us and Bama in rankings.

15. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

Bama will be in the Sugar pretty much no matter what happens in the SEC champ.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Losses in November count more. Coaches have talked about November being the most meaningful month for a long time.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Has the locker room rift been mended?

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I remember Fulmer catching hell for always winning the November shit games, but losing to Florida in September.

I finally got the importance of the November shit games after the Coaching Trifecta of Dumbassery who proceeded Heuple.

Not gonna lie, the UsC one hurt. And just when I was getting the grandkids fully engaged, again.

Winning the Vandy game is important. Cafego must be honored. This is the way.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

At least the venue is better now

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’ll take whatever is the easiest path to an 11th win.

…and part of me cringed just now, fearing that I’ve all but guaranteed a loss to Vanderbilt with that comment.