Vemma: Energy Drink Pyramid Schemes and Indy

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Aug 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The company behind Verve energy drinks... Anyone heard of them? I've had a few friends join the "company" now.

I've heard it's basically a pyramid scheme, but I don't really know all that much about it. I figured I'd see if anyone on here had any knowledge other than what can be found on the Interwebz.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

This is your typical "i have a friend who..." scenario. How deep are you in, Indy?

That's what she said.

That's what Sab said.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol I'm not in at all. There's a chick trying to convince me I should start, and it's kinda pissing me off.

I have a number of friends from college that are involved with it. None of them ever struck me as bound for success (one even dropped out), which seemed like the first red flag.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Yep - you're in. And it's ****ing stupid.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not in.

7. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

My parents did Amway for a while, when I was in my teens. They had some decent products, but its nothing more than a money scheme. Most of the people who were above you would sign up a ton of people, and then never do anything again and just live off of the commissions. Of course, you can look at most of them today, and they are broke. Very few people who do that actually retain the money, and are broke within a few years.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No. Way.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Quit making light of my personal victory here.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

How much money did you lose?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

50k a week? Sounds legit.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn't invest in this company. Just argued with someone who did about it being a pyramid scheme about a year ago. And today, I won.

15. NorrisAlan

These scams feed on people that are looking for get-rich-quick schemes. Usually uneducated people or people that are desperate. Anyone that can rationally think for 1 minute will realize these things are pyramid scams and you will lose all of your money to it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is some weight loss fitness thing I see a lot of people doing these days too. real popular among Hispanics.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

advocare is the company I was thinking of I think.

18. NorrisAlan

Yes, I saw Jason Witten pedaling this stuff a couple of years ago and thought "Uhm."

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or people told that anyone can be rich.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Seattle QB is in trouble for saying the water he sells "saved him from a concussion." FTC is coming down on him when he wouldn't back down from the claim.