Video: Escaping the Democrat Plantation

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I thought that this might be appreciated by some.

Who is this person?

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Got about 5 minutes in before waiting for something other than the redundancy of the same right wing trope pushed every time about Democrats and civil rights. Heard that nonsense a million times as Republicans try to rewrite history and pretend the Democrats of now are the same as the George Wallace and Bull Connor Southern Democrats of yesteryear as well as the idea that South had been drifting towards the Republican Party for decades. But, hey, solid reasoning. The party platforms of the 1950s are exactly the same as today, surely. Sell me something other than "They don't care about you!" and give a few generalizations, at best, about modern issues.

3. Tenacious D

The Left Thinks Black People Are Stupid

Good points. Had forgotten about the hot sauce.

4. Tenacious D

Wait, what’s this about Democrats, racism and revisionist history?

I like to learn. Educate me.

5. Unimane

Long story. Here's a start, in relation to the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Do you know which group had the highest percentage vote in favor of it? Northern Democrats. The lowest? Southern Republicans (Although represented in significant less numbers in Congress than Southern Democrats.).

There's a lot more to say when I have more time, but, ultimately, it's silly to argue that one should vote today on a party based upon platforms in the 1960s. If so, it's not like the Republican candidate in '64 voted for civil rights.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

But a woman of color made the video. (And everyone knows “they” speak as one.)

JayVols likes this.
  7. Tenacious D

This one?

Link:
    House: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182
    Senate: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/s409

House Vote
    This one looks like Republicans had 178 House votes, with 136 “Yea” votes - 76.4% approval.

The Democrats had 253 House votes, with 153 “Yea” votes - 60.5% approval.

Senate Vote
    This one looks like Republicans had 33 Senate votes, with 27 “Yea” votes - 81.8% approval.

The Democrats had 67 Senate votes, with 46 “Yea” votes - 68.6% approval.

Republicans Overall:
    211 Votes
    163 “Yeas” or
    77.2% Approval

Democratic Overall:
    320 Votes
    199 “Yeas” or
    62.1%

Are these accurate?

**Edit: Of the 6 Republican “Nay” votes in the Senate, only one (1) was from a southern state (John Tower, R-TX). But to your point, it does look like every Democratic “Nay” in the Senate came from southern states.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does she weigh in on confederate statues?

9. Unimane

10. Tenacious D

What woman of color?

11. fl0at_

Pretending not to see race doesn’t mean what you think it means; it’s actually closer to the opposite of what you think it means.

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  12. Tenacious D

No idea what you’re talking about.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sad, lies roll off so easily for you when in the realm of the political. What does that say about your position? Your ideals?

emainvol and JayVols like this.
  14. fl0at_

Pretending not to see race, means that in order to see people as equal, you have to strip them of race.

People are inherently equal, even with race, gender, sexual orientation, and the like.

It’s that people are equal already, not that they have to be somehow made equal, by removing something from them.

The woman of color in the video is a woman of color. Pretending she is anything but is a form of bias, and closer to being opposite of what you want it to be.

We’re not meant to not see race, gender, sexual orientation and the like; we’re meant to see it, and not have it matter one bit.

JayVols, IP and Poppa T like this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think I get what you are saying. We also need to find a video of a Mexican chick saying this stuff.

16. Tenacious D

Lies? What lies?

I don’t have “ideals”. Reality is all there is.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You just claimed to be unable to distinguish the low absorbance of light from high absorbance, after thousands of posts discussing viewing sports.

JayVols likes this.
  18. Tenacious D

I didn’t notice the color of the person’s skin, while focusing on the content of her character and words.

19. fl0at_

I bolded an important word.

20. Unimane

Yet, chose to post a video and message specifically dedicated to race, so your color blindness seems to have some limits.

JayVols likes this.