Video: Escaping the Democrat Plantation

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Apr 24, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Sure.

But to the same level of both sides? Absolutely not.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then we disagree as to humanity. A white guy proclaiming that the democrats are keeping black people "on the plantation" would be instantly vilified by the left as racist, and it would be as feverish, or more, than she has or will receive.

And that same person would be far less likely to be held up as a standard by Republicans.

3. CardinalVol

It's a different kind of fervor, and I think part of it is the popularity of the person saying it.

Example - Milo comes out and says that, and you are correct. (He probably has.) Owens is still a newbie, per se, in the political arena. Put a white male of her same level of influence, and it doesn't ever register on the national radar.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That may be true, but what puts it on the radar, the Republicans, or those vilifying?

Because if Republicans, then the nobody white guy still gets blasted.

That’s the difference, I believe. Republicans don’t put this out front if it’s an unknown white guy.

5. CardinalVol

In this case - that is true.

Actually, I'm going to edit this because I've strayed from the topic at hand in my thinking.

In 99.99% of cases like this, person outside the box is treated as messiah first, then vilified. It would be the same if Falwell Jr.'s kid (I don't even know if he has any) became an atheist and have views 100% opposed to his/her dad, bashing Trump etc. Many would pick the kid up as a superstar first, then they would be dissected by the other camp.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m actually not opposed to that take, and can’t argue it. I think they’ve each failed, in substantive ways, but based on their support, it doesn’t look like they believe the Dems are as culpable as the GOP.

JMHO,