POLITICS Virginia a testing ground for 2020.

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TheOrangeEmpire, Dec 20, 2019.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If there is one kid out there that wants vaccinations and his parents are kooks, then that legislation will be pretty important to him. And there is really no cost money wise to a piece of legislation like this, as far as I know. So sure, it is a good thing.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Many. Yes.

And it helps protect your kids, who otherwise are living with less herd immunity. vaccines work on a population basis, more than on an individual basis.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm all for vaccinations, the question is if this will actually result in more vaccinations.

4. NorrisAlan

If it is one more then it is good law.

droski likes this.
  5. cpninja

cpninja Member

I'm not really sure how many unvaccinated teens exist right now but with the stupid anti-vax trend continuing to persist via social media I'm certain there will be more in the coming years than we've had in the past and it's probably wise to at least be prepared to handle it

justingroves likes this.
  6. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Flat Earth

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'll say this. My son is begging me to take him to his next doctor's appointment because my ex-wife had hopped on the anti-vax train and doesn't want him to get the HPV shot.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

awful.

9. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

What’s too many?

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sounds like you got a keeper in that woman. You can't buy in-laws that good.

droski likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

The HPV vaccine has saved so many lives and will continue to do so, even though we don't perceive it as doing anything within individual lives. I gently lobbied my parents to have my little sister get it. They're pretty straight laced, so I was surprised when they rather quickly agreed it was worth it just in case.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've realized it is more than you would think. And it also affects every income level, rural and urban, etc etc etc. It has become a weird overlap of people with completely different backgrounds and beliefs.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

strangely it weighs heavily to college educated liberal around here.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, Boulder was a plague zone, too.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

berkeley too. i have one friend who's wife refused to get their kids vaccinated and basically she sees herself as a health expert. she even has a blog and podcast (not about vaccinations, but about eating healthy etc). it's bizarre.

16. NorrisAlan

Too many as in there are so many out there already that any legislation is going to be hard to do anything. I wasn't passing judgment, just stating that there are "too many to do anything about it now".

Not without some very draconian measures.

NYY likes this.
  17. TheOrangeEmpire

Exactly what is going on right now in the overreaction phase of all this. The governor has been attributed to saying he would use the national guard as the primary arm of confiscation when it was a delegate speaking off hand about it law enforcement takes no action.

Also, delegates have floated out a strike clause and a suspension of an Leo’s license from any where from a year to 5 years for failure to comply with the theoretical laws.

Naturally militias from within and outside the state want to make Virginia an example if an assault ban goes into effect. Social media is wild right now. Or maybe more so ‍♂️.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

a coworker seemed to be prodding me to go to a meeting on it because they had had firearms discussions with me before. I subtly indicated I didn't share their concerns about having guns seized, and they now realize I am some sort of soy boy.

TheOrangeEmpire likes this.
  19. TheOrangeEmpire

Soy boy in Crystal City?

The potential is certainly there

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You’re on the road to being a proud boy.