VN deleted a thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 3, 2011.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The EEs could drop down a level for a year or go to the JUCO route.

The guys enrolling in the summer could go to a prep school like Hargrave and not lose any eligibility.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks.

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I don't think they would drop down but you never know. So if we give them a month to think about it by making the call in January then it is ok?

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Sounds eerily similar to kidnapping.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. I am kind of perplexed at why you don't see the difference.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I can point to a game I announced last night...the team we are playing had a guy going to G tech...this is basketball...these guys are treated like princes...they do not know what it is even like to be talked to like kids...this guy was a complete ass to everyone but the adults endured..refs his coach..they all took his shit because one day he will be on national TV and they can say they not that asshole...they speak to their coaches like they are peers...this is the modern sports world...UT football means something to a lot of people...it may be sad that we as a society value this like a drug in dark times but we do...going another year with Dooley almost seems like purgatory right now...I will change my opinion if we hire some new coaches to go with him on offense but even then it is just good enough not what we really want...

Back on point...how bad is it that a kid has to endure a coach he did not agree to play for while going to school for free and [uck fay]ing hot chicks....I mean poor Div. 1 athlete my eyes are all weepy...at the same time if it would hurt UT rep wise in a serious way for future recruits then we have to make the decision by early January. I have little sympathy for these athletes. They will be just fine.

7. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Absolutely I am right now...I do not disagree...

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You have serious evny issues

9. WM

WM Active Member

Have no idea what is going on.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shit's getting weird in this thread. Somebody get Jewbacca a new coach quick, his grip on his sanity is slipping.

11. How can any Vol fan who sat through this past season not be a bit over the edge.

Not saying we were not over the edge before the season, but it's worse now.

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I do have a serious issue....I am a season ticket holder and I go to just about every game. I cheer my ass off...I even rally the blue bloods around me. UT is the school of my mother and her parents. I demand they bring me a coach. I demand it. I am entitled as a fan who spends his money and coming from a family who has invested in this university they do this one thing...PLAY TO WIN.

As to the comment about the POS kid...I do not think I expressed myself clearly. I am the announcer I sit at the table I am 2 ft from these guys at times. The player was talking to the ref like this "hey why the [uck fay] did I not get a call there"...he was glaring over at fans like a mad man. His coach would call him over and put his arm around him while the kid would make statements like "coach give me the [uck fay]ing ball what is wrong with you" LOL at it being an envy issue....you guys do not know what blue chip players are like...they are mostly complete assholes and lunatics. They are told their shit don't stink from a very young age. You can disagree with me but any guy who has the physical talent to be a 4 start and above player is likely an asshole. It is what it is...Basketball Recruiting - Robert Carter - Player Profiles - ESPN this is the kid I was referring to...

13. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Jewbaccah, serious question: Are they a-holes because they are 4-star and 5-star players, or 4-star and 5-star players because they are a-holes? I've been around and friends with a number of Blue Chip players myself, and yes, many of them do act like that. But part of that is what makes them great. You don't think Reggie Miller or Michael ever told his coach to get him the bleeping ball? You think one of Reggie Jackson's managers gave him the take sign and he then proceeded to hit the ball 500 feet over the fence?

Even the supposed saintly guys have a mean streak that would make their mamas blush. And the ones that don't have that mean streak? You know what becomes of them.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is very true.

Knowing you're a bad mothe[uck fay]er is almost as important as being as bad being a mother[uck fay]er

15. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Great point. Your job as the play by play guy for Assclown High in Nowheresville, USA ensures you've had far more interaction with elite athletes than the folks on this board. Good call by you.

16. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Henceforth this shall be known on the board as the Casey Clausen Principle.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

These are kids...they are under the age of 18 and have lost all grip in reality...this why so many end up with a pellet gun at pilot...there is no consequence for them...

18. MG1968

MG1968 New Member

I doubt they're under the age of 18, if that were the case, the incident you speak of would have been handled as a juvenile offense and the names of the players involved would never have seen the light of day.

19. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Those guys ended up at the Pilot with a pellet gun because the guy they "robbed" stiffed them on a nickel bag. If you are going to make grand societal proclamations, at least have a reasonable grasp of the facts of your anecdotal evidence.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Well, it should have been a foul.