VN deleted a thread

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Jewbaccah, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I think you are missing the point here.

2. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

What exactly are you trying to say here? I was in no way claiming anything about myself. I do announce in a region and county with more talent then anywhere in Tennessee. It is also more densely populated then anywhere in the Knoxville area as far as it being "no where." Also, Do you miss Bruce yet?

3. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Re: unhealthy investment in team...Why? I spend my money on this team. I go to the games. I am a fan. I have right to be upset when the product on the field is poor. It is even worse when the expenditures on the team in no way equal what they are taking in from the fans.

4. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

You actually keep writing this as if anyone here gives a damn. As to Pearl, don't miss him at all. If need to buy a couch or some potato chips in bulk, I know where to find him.

5. hatvol96

Is there some statute mandating you expend these funds? If not, simply quit doing it. You seem far more concerned about your financial "investment" than the actual state of the program.

6. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Is this the stance our AD should have? What if everyone did as you request? I am not writing as if someone gives a damn..you made a comment that was off point and incorrect I responded to clarify your errors. So you are a UT fan and it does not bother you that our basketball and football programs are in trouble? Seriously, are you looking forward to watching us play either of these sports for the next couple of years?

7. hatvol96

1. I'm not concerned about the basketball program. They are taking a step back that would have happened regardless of who the coach was and we no longer have an abject piece of shit in charge.
    2. I'm not happy with the football program. However, I look at it as a simple business transaction. If I'm annoyed enough, I stop paying. It's simple.
    3. I'm pretty sure that if everyone stops donating and buying tickets, change would come about. Seems to me you are attacking your goal entirely wrong.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Are you going to stop paying? Will you buy tickets/donate this year?

9. hatvol96

Not yet. Yes.

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

I find on average there are no absolutes the following: A 2-3 star guy works his ass off to get where he is. He often has good grades and is a very solid person. A 4-5 star guy lives in another reality. He is likely far more gifted in his physical blessing as such starting at a young age these sports academies and the like suck this kids [ock cay]...he gets what he wants. He gets coaches talking to teachers to pass him along...he gets laid because girls think they can ride on his coat tails...he is created...in no way did he have some mental edge on others IMO...he is created by a society hungry for gladiators. I think that it is inevitable they get treated like kings but at such young ages is the problem. A kid should know humility at some point in his life. They get them real young now and start creating these monsters.

11. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

What is the point at which your decision will change?

12. hatvol96

If Dooley wins fewer than 9 games next year and is retained.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So true

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't the University of Tennessee's job to show some kid "humility" by treating him like human cattle. If you want him to grow as a person, let him choose where he wants to play his college ball, and then let that school try to make him participate and succeed in a curriculum. That probably won't show him "humility," but college life is filled with opportunities for growth.

let's face it. Most of the world is filled with ass holes of varying degrees. I know I can be a serious one. It certainly has nothing to do with never knowing "humility." We don't need to be a crusading force for misery or modern American enslavement. If anything, we should demonstrate quite the opposite. That will pay dividends in the long run.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That makes their actions OK?

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not at all but it's a whole lot different than "3 armed football players hold up a random guy at the local Pilot"

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I could see him winning 7 and a bowl game and being retained. Not that I agree with it, but I could see that happening.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

For the record I have also heard that reason to be a major rumor.

19. hatvol96

Exactly.

20. hatvol96

I'll put it this way. I deal with the Knox County DA's office on an almost daily basis. Anyone who thinks they would allow individuals who committed a true, random armed robbery walk away with the deals Richardson and Edwards got has taken leave of their mind.