Vol Forum Soup entries

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by WM, Oct 18, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I don't dislike the guy. He could be a valuable contributor. But, dang don't be so over the top melodramatic all the time.

My advice would be to ease up on the whole intellectual superiority, everything I like oozes awesomeness while what you like sucks, and teen angst schtick. I'm not saying this next part is describing axion, but I know some really dumbass booksmart people that are utter failures socially and in practice.

Just dial it back. You say some funny clever shit, but damn, you come off as arrogantly over the top.

I really don't mean this spiteful or meanspirited. Just trying to help a brother out.

2. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

One of my favorites......bravo emain

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Been too long since this was updated, and I'm not sure there has ever been as much ridiculosity out there.

Anybody want to guess who thinks that the problem with our guys is that they are coached too much?

I think it's more of a matter of over-coaching players, versus giving them just enough to go with their skill set to make them really effective. I think we've seen a lot of over coaching by the current staff, especially given how young the roster is.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't even understand the concept.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee's coaches are sooo good, they stifle natural athletic ability.

See, Saban just says "Go play ball, screw the schemes. Rivals and Scout say I have more talent than everyone".

A guy like Dooley, with such a sterling record at La Tech, is used to coaching poor talent up.

Maybe I'm reaching?

6. JayVols

Perhaps just a tad.

7. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Somebody from the 8th got called a Fulmerite because they were railing on Dooley.

8. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I think that post might just be a little overthought.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I understand the concept, it just applies more to sports like soccer and basketball, but no way does it apply to football.

10. JayVols

If that's the standard then I guess I'm the biggest Fulmerite in the world because I don't think Dools should have been allowed to board the bus for the return trip from Lexington.

11. Beechervol

IIRC it was Groves.

12. JayVols

From the 'Are You Happy with the Coaching' thread...
    You think he means the vast majority of The 8th by citing 'various forums'? Are we being unreasonable for expecting improvement (including improvement by the injured player's replacements) and expecting a win over a KY team with a WR at QB that had 3 days of practice at the position and only ran 6 plays? Apparently we are.

13. WM

WM Active Member

Working like heck, studying that film and sprinkling that fairy dust.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let's break this post down:

1. He misspelled "Tennessee" on a website dedicated to the University of Tennessee, in a forum entitled "Tennessee football."

2. He puts our running back situation as a "wash," yet picks us to be "top 6" next year. Has he watched our offense this year?

3. He's "excited" about special teams.

I am just going to stop there. Imbecile.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Where was this at?

16. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

He was surprisingly realistic, though.

17. JayVols

Solid.

Fairy dust is grossly underrated, imo.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I assume this was from another site, but he is here. Ask him:

http://8thmaxim.com/site/forum/members/volindawgland.htm

19. Beechervol

Don't remember the thread. It may not have been you, but Im pretty sure it was an 8th member.

20. JayVols