VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah fair point. But their Dad has made like 20 million dollars in the past decade and we are posting on a message board so I can see how their perspective might be different.

TimRoo and chef65 like this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

*stolen

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

CMU

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Butch recruited well when he was lying to kids and parents, but that has a shelf life of about 1-2 years.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Grinds my gears people can't figure that out. Didn't it strike them as odd that half the recruiting class would transfer out after a season?

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

that people can't connect the dots on why we are in the situation we are to Jones is beyond me.

8. RockyHill

I mean anybody who claims to be a big fan and follow closely, yeah they’re dumb if they don’t get it. But just the average walking around person in Neyland in Saturday? They aren’t looking close enough.

People have a hard time believing that a major university could possibly hire a coach to make $3m a year and that coach be legitimately just dumber than shit. Just like many would have a hard time believing the billionaire who hired him is dumber than shit.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The thing that kills me is the assumption that it’s hard to get a decent coach to come to tenn

RevBubbaFlavel and lylsmorr like this.
  10. RockyHill

Well what’s decent? Of course you can get a decent coach, but the decent coaches that can be had most easily are the guys who you know probably don’t have a real high ceiling. I think Tennessee fans may finally be at the point where that’s acceptable though.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

12. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Their Dad, however wealthy, is still Butch Jones. Pump the brakes.

13. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

Yep. If and when UT wants a decent (or god forbid, championship) coach, they’ll actually have to pay for one. Until that happens, might as well keep Pruitt, because we won’t do better than him, or Dooley, or Butch.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee will pay a coordinator a million plus dollars, they did it for Monte (I believe the first million dollar coordinator) and are doing it for both Ansley and Chaney. Why the hell they won't spend 5 or 6 million on a head coach is beyond me.

TimRoo and Memtownvol like this.
  15. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Technically, they are. I think Butch and Pruitt combined is around 6.5M

TimRoo likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Said but true

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm sure that even Jim Bakker's kids realized something was off about "dad".

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I think the only reason the assistant pool is as big as it is right now is because Pruitt took less for himself.

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm not sure the term "idiot" applies here....but good times over at VN today:

upload_2020-5-16_17-27-14.png

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Great that you liked it.

TennTradition likes this.