VolNation Idiots

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 13, 2015.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Okay

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

More likely, the planning predates the interstate system. Jackson was probably a natural stopover place when traveling across country before the interstate, and that is where the zoning and legacy development/properties ended up rather than the exit. If the interstate imminent domained through large tracts of farm country and the farmers keep operating, then the commercial space stays where it is and isn't displaced/destroyed by the interstate. It is the opposite side of the coin of towns that were annihilated by the interstate being built 30 miles away.

A-Smith likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There are no roads crossing the interstate that aren't exits. City of 160k now . Double that in the county.

justingroves likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Oh, this is true, but right now the city is fighting the former AA baseball team about the stadium rights and such. This was where they had done a lot of their planning to grow after a shift in strategy of 20 years of expanding north and west. It's just comical ineptness.

Even by corrupt\incompetent standards, Jackson is a sight to behold.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

When I was growing up it was maybe 50K. Like 75% of the city has been built out in the last 2 decades I think

justingroves likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I built a Baskin Robbins, a Gamestop, a karate studio and a few banks there

emainvol likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

So this is groves' fault.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No shit, my wife's mother's side had two huge farms that were sold off in the late 70's in Murfreesboro, so kind of, yes

A-Smith likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You don't have to be that good to play lacrosse at Tennessee, unless it's improved that drastically since I started college (2011).

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe not because it's club, but it's grown a lot just in 3 years since we started. We had 50 kids try out for middle school and there will be 70+ for HS. Our summer travel program had over 200 in 6th-11th play, and there are a couple other local clubs. I believe there are 70 high-school in the state playing now as well, not to mention the growth outside of TN. Gallatin, murf, hville, Cookeville, etc have programs now where I doubt they did back then. Great sport and good to see people realize the speed and physicality is fun to watch and play.

11. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m probably just vastly underestimating the growth in the state since I played. Whipped Cookeville’s ass a few times but they were pretty good. Don’t think the other 3 were playing then but I could be wrong. Cool that y’all have so much interest in your neck of the woods. I was fortunate to have really good coaches that played in the Northeast and I’m sure that’s becoming more common every year (particularly in Nashville).

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This

13. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Back when Tommy West left the Memphis coaching job he had some pretty harsh statements about how Memphis wouldn’t support the team, Memphis doesn’t even give a chit about Memphis.

14. CardinalVol

This is.........................something.

[​IMG]

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What the [uck fay] is this even supposed to mean?

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The game didn't die when someone surrendered, so stop surrendering. He wants college football to die a horrible death.

IP likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

That integrated part........

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I understanding this to mean he thinks integration was a mistake or somehow corruption of the game? And somehow un-American?

Or am I reading it wrong?

19. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

I’m sitting here wondering the same thing. I really hope we are just reading it wrong…

20. CardinalVol

No, pretty sure all 3 of us are reading it correctly.

Memtownvol likes this.