Vols football record

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Rebel21, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The way zoomed out analysis says to expect the defense to perform roughly like it did in 2011, as the 2011 defense finished pretty much exactly the same as both Alabama and Georgia in their first years running a 3-4. Of course available personnel, teaching ability by the DC, and attitude of the team are all going to be huge factors, but this is at least a starting point.

And a defense that performed like it did last year gives us a chance in every game but Alabama.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

That sounds about right.

3. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

If we have another loss like that I am likely to burn all my orange and just root for the Nighthawks.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Found this posted on TOOS and thought it was interesting.

Buck Fitzgerald-Concerning what he saw this offseason compared to last:

"I think the talent level is greatly improved at just about every level. I think the coaching staff is a lot better. I really think that they will have as much talent as anybody they play in the first 22 guys except Bama. On offense, they have a future pro at just about every position. Not many teams can say that. I think the defensive coaching staff is so much better now its crazy. And their mentality fits the players and whay they are trying to do on offense. They will be able to play complimentary football. I will be disappointed if they don't get to Atlanta at the end of the season. They don't have to win it, but I think with this better coaching staff, and better more mature players they should at least win the East."

Your thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he's calling it like most everyone else sees it

6. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I certainly think that this team has a chance for Atlanta. Can we beat UF, UGA, and USC, yes, but will we beat all of them, probably not. My biggest concerns are the adjustment to the 3-4 and the supposed all shotgun offense that Cardinal has suggested we will be running.

Imo, this team, like last year is an injury, suspension, or case of giving up on Dools away from becoming another cluster [uck fay].

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I hope this is another difference in Dave Hart and Mike Hamilton. Mike would extend him yearly but Dooley has no leverage so I see no reason to extend him no matter what his record is. It's not like anyone has to worry about another school stealing him away, in fact, that would only help Hart get his boy Kirby Smart sooner.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart made it pretty clear after the 2011 season what he expects Dooley to do.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll take 8-4 with a win over Florida.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After watching the second string D, Tennessee cannot afford an injury at all LB spot

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Not sure what to think of the secondary. Coleman looked lost at times. Randolph seems to get it. Not sure about Lanier either.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To Coleman's credit, no one other than Morris Claiborne covered Da'Rick well.

Both he and Lanier are inconsistent. Gordon is strictly a zone and blitz guy.

Randolph is good.