Vols/Oklahoma set for 8 pm kickoff on ABC

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, May 30, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

[​IMG]

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I know we are going to get stomped, but it's going to be hard not to go to this game.

3. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Nothing like getting your teeth kicked in on national television and at primetime.

4. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Another primetime ass whoopin

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Buncha negavols in here.

UT 45 OK 10

Boook it!

That is first half penalty yards, btw.

Seriously, who knows, maybe we shock the world, maybe we get stomped 55-10. Either way, we are on prime time and that is always a good thing.

6. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

If the Vols can make it respectible, it will be a good thing. Getting stomped by Oregon on primetime was not a good thing last year. That doesn't change the fact I like us playing big out of conference games.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

10 point loss

8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Equals respectiple loss. That I could stomach. Along with a lot of beer that evening.

9. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

After the Oregon embarrassments and, well, losing in humiliating fashion to just about every nationally recognized program for going on several years now... I'll take a 10 point loss.

And that's depressing in and of itself.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The last time Butch, Jancek and Bajakian took a team to Norman, they lost by 2

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oklahoma isn't the same team they were 10 years ago though. I'd bet it's close too.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This could also be the game where Tennessee plays over their collective head, beats Oklahoma and we all start feeling really good about how they look. Then, Tennessee proceeds to go 1-7 in the SEC.

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

That game was at Paul Brown Stadium. The game in Norman was not nearly as competitive.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You are correct.

15. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

If you do it right, you may not even remember the 2nd half.

That's the best thing about 8pm kicks.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I could see us winning or losing by 4 TD's, neither outcome would shock me.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

I resemble that remark

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Who are you pulling for in this one?????

Kidding.

On another note, my local ABC affiliate sucks. Even their HD. I really don't know how that's possible. But it's the truth. I mean, it was a UHF channel back in the day. Was the closest station to me (less than 8 miles as the crow flies) & we could only tune in snow. Of course that was back in the day when we had an aerial getting only NBC, CBS & PBS...and I had to go outside to turn the damn thing with a pair of channellocks to switch from CBS to NBC. PBS came in wherever the antenna was pointed. Figures.

The aerial reception was soooo bad that I grew up watching Margie Ison- when she was a weathergirl- & Bill Williams (I even go back to Carl Williams) on Knoxville's WBIR (I remember when they were a CBS affiliate- they are an NBC station now, right?) and WATE. Until WBIR moved the tower away from Blaine that is. Their promo of "More tower to ya" didn't do jack squat for me. In fact, it killed my reception. I could barely get the clearest station I used to get. I was pissed. Yes, I could get Knoxville stations that were 80+ miles away more clearly than I could get Tri-Cities stations one of which was less than 10 miles away & all of which were less than 30 miles away. Owning a mountain is cool until it completely blocks your TV reception. I had a clearer line of sight in the Knoxville direction. Crazy.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just stay within 2 TDs by the end of the game.

20. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I could live with this......but talk about a recruiting momentum swing if we pulled off the upset.