Vols vs Gators Discussion

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by **TDCVOL**, Sep 21, 2015.

1. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

Don't get the impression I'm a sunshine pumper.

Of course Oklahoma made a defensive adjustment, otherwise the first half wouldn't really have gone like it did. Did dobbs not even admit they started lining up differently and suddenly started blitzing like crazy? I thought he did... or something along those lines. Maybe Corch Botch said something like that. I don't exactly remember.

In any case, debord had no answer, so yes, the offense was inept in the second half. Does that mean they necessarily will run the same offense against florida that they ran against OU in the 2nd half? Well sure, they might... then again, they might not.

Hellfire.. they've got a whole week to learn 10 plays they DIDN'T run against OU, don't they? I'm willing to be wrong!

2. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

My point is simply that the Florida defense supposedly is the same as what OU ended up sticking with in the 2nd half.. and debord and corch [itch bay] have a week to come up with an answer. Obviously the plan didn't work against OU.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sure they have the first 15 or so plays scripted. They will work.

Then, Florida will adjust and Tennessee won't.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ladies and gentlemen, we have ourselves a winner!

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

All UF has to do is bring the corner blitz every single time.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nah we been working on that

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

I agree. But they still smoked the Vols.

I may have the perfect solution for UT's football woes. Simply move to Division 2, or whatever it's called. The Butch coached Vols could probably win 8 games every year. Why hasn't this already been done? All to easy.

And if that doesn't work, then apply for admittance to the TSSAA and play against high school teams. Somewhere, some how, there's gotta be someone Butch can out coach.

9. NorrisAlan

If he was the coach of my son's peewee team, I would drop my son out of football.

10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Adjustments are overrated

11. NorrisAlan

The saddest thing about this whole weekend coming up is this: I would rather think about getting rid of our coach than about the idea we could end this awful streak vs the gators.

Jones has robbed me of this week. Or more accurately, I have given this week up to Jones. And it is tragic.

12. cpninja

cpninja Member

Same here. First time since I started watching Tennessee football(admittedly not that long ago) that I haven't looked forward to Florida game with optimism. Even during the Fulmer death spiral, I could work myself into a sunshine pumper and keep optimistic until the game started. But this year? Just...bleh.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I dreaded the 2012 game at home because I thought we had a better team and feared it might propel Dooley to an 8-win season, thus cementing him here forever.

This one isn't much different.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Thay was the one "big" home game I had attended in a long time. Then OU 2015. I had a perfect record before those

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We beat UF and I will enjoy it. I can manage to ignore the big picture for a week.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. My dad and I are heading down Friday. If we win, I'll be raising hell in Gainesville Saturday night.

17. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Be careful. They can be crazy stupid down here.

18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I never really consider whose defense or offense is better. I look at the matchup. And, I think our offense vs. their defense is going to be an issue. Dobbs is going to have to make plays. And, our defense is good, but we have some pretty untimely breakdowns. I totally agree with the coaches being no use. I think Butch is talking about the coaching staff when he references learning to win. If the game is close late, Butch will literally have it running down both legs. Personally, I think we are better off being behind.

19. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The offense vs defense (both directions) will probably be a stalemate. No different than last year, field position and turnovers are king.

UT has the pieces on offense to break the tie but until it is utilized properly it is irrelevant.

20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

All of y'all wear jorts. It'll be the ultimate troll job.