vs GaTech (11/13)

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 13, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just saying louisville and kansas/Marquette will let us know what the ceiling is.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ugly game all around, mainly on offense. The key is when you have those nites can you still win?

Held GT to 28% from the field, and 16% from 3.

25% of their points come from the FT line.

Win and next.

BigOrangeBeech and NYY like this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yep

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Schofield needs to get this eye thing fixed.

5. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

My simple observations of some players as compared to last year and after our first real game....
    Alexander and Fulkerson have improved inside. Like Fulkerson's hustle for a big man.
    Bone seems to have gained some confidence.
    Pons seems to have told himself, damn I really can jump.
    Grant's gonna be Grant and Admiral is THE Admiral (my fav player)
    Bench appears deeper.
    We're gonna lose some along the way and moan and groan about it, but that's the way all basketball seasons go.
    This team's fun to watch for a change.
    If Rick finds a way to get them to peak at year end, we're gonna be special.
    Can't wait to go see them play Tiger High.

6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I really liked Fulkerson as a freshman (was in Chapel Hill live for his game against the Tar Heels, which was excellent), and then he got injured and it seemed like people were climbing all over each other to shit on him last year. Glad to see that he appears to have recovered some of his early form.

7. Ssmiff

He was bashed. He was weak from 2 surgeries and had to play the 5, with zero weight training for 1+ year. He would get backed down and non basketball people all over him. His energy, blocks, tipped balls, hecticness, court awareness, effort and passing ability are assets. He doesnt even need to score, but finishes decently.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, folks did shit on him a lot last year, ignoring that he had just got healthy.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It was all understandable but he was really bad last season.

10. BigOrangeBeech

Yep, so far he has looked a little better. Be interested to see what he does against stiffer competition with more physical Bigs.

11. Ssmiff

Fulk may be the best passer on the team

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's still not great, but he is very active. He can give minutes.

13. BigOrangeBeech

Hes definitely not gonna out muscle or move people around inside with his body size, but the one thing he can give you is hustle, come up with loose balls, get an occasional basket on putbacks around the rim, drive when it's there. Hes the type you like to see come in after Scofield and Williams have physically beaten up the opposing bigs inside, then you put a guy like him in that scraps and moves around a lot more.

Everyone has a role. The quicker each individual figures that out and tries to play within themselves in that regard the better the team is. That's why you saw this team have so many assists per game last year because we moved the ball around so well. Can't get away from that this year either.

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw that we signed 3 guys this week. A 5 star 6-7 pg, a Bearden big guy, and a tall guard out of VMI. Seems like a good group.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He's a poor man's Ryan Childress.

IP and BigOrangeBeech like this.
  16. BigOrangeBeech

Probably a decent comparison. The biggest difference there is Fulk cant shoot from outside.

Whatever you can get out of a guy like this a bonus.

NYY likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Better than my analogy

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I did not bash Fulkerson last year. I learned my lesson. Because I'm the dude that was bashing Lofton during his Senior season before we found out he had cancer.

Ssmiff and IP like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bashing Chris Lofton at all is a sign of degeneracy

IP likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Probably.