wake up, lurkers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 26, 2016.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I never really believed but forced open mindedness until then. His teams at Cincinnati looked like more luck than sound football and he got shellacked by Dooley and co. He was never going to win big here.

Edit:. Not trying to be condescending, and I don't look down on anyone who wakes up to Lyle being a crap coach. I was going another direction with this post and the anger took over.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  2. KennyR

KennyR Member

The Haslam crew are good at money not football. If they were to realize this and just open the wallet they could actually make much more money and have championships at UT and a fan base willing to spend more than we already do.

3. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Long time lurker, long time Butch hater. Until recently a lot of people I know still supported Butch, but these last couple of bad losses are starting to change some minds.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Welcome.

And that's the norm. Even our moronic portion of fans know that Vanderbilt losses aren't acceptable.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

The bad football has turned into bad Ls. He skated by thru 5 games and the chickens come home.

Welcome to the board.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

After giving Dooley "a chance", I started adjusting my viewpoint on this type of shit and having significantly less patience, as in being against obviously shitty hires from the get go. It saves me a couple of years of hoping that these coaches will figure it out and start winning, when, in reality, they will be what they are. It's saved me a lot of stress with Jones and Barnes.

7. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I couldn't name more than a couple of basketball players. Not worth the effort to follow a washed up Barnes team.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I laughed as well.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Things have definitely changed. The rage wasn't there. When we lost to Vandy in 2005, I could have punched through a brick wall.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I hated him from day 1, but gave him a chance. 10-9 at home to Florida in 2014 was nail in the coffin for me.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

That was the start for me.

12. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

There were some red flags when he first got here. However, I have tried to remain optimistic for as long as I can.

Nobody should still be in the "remain optimistic" category after last night.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Me too. Oklahoma game broke me for good.

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

For that matter, the no-option option with Worley was maddening and telling from day one.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Preach it, brother!

16. JayVols

I hated him before the wheels of whichever of our dumbass booster's plane hit the ground in Knoxville bringing his sorry ass here.

Being the one coach that [ddiapos] beat the shit out of told me everything I needed to know. In fact, I remember thinking, "That Cincy coach is a moron of a coach & how he handles himself on the sideline is equally moronic." That's the gospel truth.

Then, boom. Dave Hart hired him. Only at UT folks. Only at UT....

17. JayVols

Welcome to the 8th.

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

2008-2016 have made me more numb to a lot of those rage inducing losses.

19. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I have learned to take losses with more grace.

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

You misspelled prozac