wake up, lurkers

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

2. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

It's okay I forgive you.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Watching about two games and knowing exactly what we were going to run thereafter did me in. He's clearly a moron. I couldn't imagine how he got here without having to talk about his philosophy. Brining his dregs from Cindy was also very telling. Former SEC guys toiling at Cincy are not options IMO.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Ah, the good ole days of the read no-option

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was pretty low because lost badly to Dooley. Nothing ever changed. His system was always gimmicky nonsense on even a superficial level (hurry up and throw a screen, no-read, etc)

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Hell, meeting with dumb-ass Hart at motel 6 for an hour is all it took.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I remember the lists of potential coaches that random sites had up in regards to the coaching search. Butch was always last. He always seemed like the absolute worst option. I mean, I thought Jimbo Fisher and Mike Gundy were dumb ideas and unlikely to leave, but either of those guys would have made an SEC CG appearance by now. Strong and Fedora are clearly better in my mind, despite Texas's meltdown. No need to mention Gruden.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I had little faith....very little faith that he'd amount to anything here. Once again, I gave him a chance...it didn't take long before I was done.

9. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

10. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Houston has a pretty solid track record finding up-and-comers. An established never-will-be like Butch doesn't fit.

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

13. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

From the beginning I have said he is a good recruiter but he can't coach a lick. Few of his recruits have improved. When they asked me why I didn't want to renew my season tickets, I told them I didn't think Butch Jones was the man for the job. They asked if I was still a UT fan and I said always, but I didn't want season tickets while Butch Jones was HC. I was still pissed about not getting Gruden.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You told em right.