Wanting Tennessee To Lose...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Oct 11, 2017.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will admit to be pulling against Butch up to and including the UGA game. After that game, there was a release in the fact that I am 99.99% sure there is no way he can salvage this season. Because he is just that bad and the team has basically quit on him.

I will be apathetic from here on out until he is removed as HFC. I want the kids to win, especially the seniors, as this is their last go around. And it was a severe injustice, imho, for the AD to put them through the last week and a half of Butch.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I know the preparation and the time these young men put into it. I can’t wish a loss on them and UT will always mean a ton to me. And no need wishing a loss on them, the moron in charge will do plenty to assure it.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

It was not pleasurable busting my kids' butts, having surgeries that I knew would be painful, telling hard truths to people I care for, taking awful tasting or painful medicines, etc, etc, but I've done them all knowing that each action was taken to produce a better future/long range outcome.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I can’t quote NYY but I feel the same.

5. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

This represents my feelings also. Put yourself in their shoes before you wish them more embarassment.

6. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I don't see the loss as being on the players. It's on Jones. It's in their best interest as well to get someone better to coach them.

7. JayVols

It's a shitty deal all around, and that rests solely on the shoulders of one Lyle "Butch" Jones.

8. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If the players aren't trying, and that's mainly a reflection on botch, then I don't feel bad wanting to lose to speed up the process

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I want Tennessee to lose its coach, find an interim, and win out.

10. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's me exactly.

11. JayVols

Works for me.

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If Gruden is really on the table, Tennessee should get a move on things soon. Notre Dame is off this week, but their remaining opponents are a combined 27-6. I could see Brian Kelly's seat heating up in a hurry.

13. Was hoping that would happen before this weekend.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure we'll end up announcing that we've hired Brian Kelly and will be covering the full cost of his buyout literally as ND's AD is taking the stage to announce they've fired Kelly. He'll get up there, start talking, someone will come whisper in his ear and he'll just stand there dumbfounded for a moment before excusing himself. It would be as Tennessee as it gets.

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Booya

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

*loose

-VN

17. JayVols

Hahaha

So true...

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Just win 5 games... I'd like to see at least one streak remain intact when Butch leaves.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Butch is 100% gone, I want to win. If they are still trying to decide whether or not they need to fire him, then I want to lose by a million.