Washington DC

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by KingWebbsticles, Mar 6, 2012.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Logan Circle area has actually overtaken Dupont in the non-breeder category. I lived two blocks north of what I contend is the most homosexual street in the district. P St. between 14th and 15th. There is a whole foods there. A whole foods...and lots of individuals who are not interested in reproducing. I worked out at that gym around the corner. Name escapes me at present. Flaming gay. Before that, I worked out at the Results gym on U St. Also, flaming gay, but an amazingly nice gym. My strategy for working out there was to always wear colored wool socks. The idea was that no gay dude would ever be that sloppy looking in public. I ended up buying a shitload of wool socks for that reason. They were my "I'm not gay, man" socks. I got so used to it, that I still wear wool socks when I work out.

I saw Anderson Cooper at that Results Gym once. I'm pretty sure he's gay. He's more stout than you would think, but he is not near stout enough to justify his swagerrific gait. Seriously. Dude was walking around with his chest puffed out like he was the boss. He was mean mugging too. I'm pretty sure he's gay. He was probably communicating that is the giver and not the receiver.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Seriously, my favorite city in the world. Not as walkable as some others, but is a fantastic place to hang out in spurts. The traffic would make it uninhabitable for me over long periods, but I am flat out a fan.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Anderson Cooper is gay, and a descendant of the Vanderbilts.

Probably not a coincidence.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm up here this week. Food has been terrible. One guy kept thinking Memphis was East Tennessee, and finally told me I should just say I'm from Mississippi, after 4 strikes.

Figured 90% here would like that story.

5. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Shoulda told you most of them don't know shit outside their little bubble. We grew up in the country but my parents made sure we were at least sonewhat informed and capable and they think my brother is a genius sometimes because of the "stuff" he knows that they always considered irrelevant.

6. fl0at_

There are a good number of folks in Tennessee that would agree that Memphis shouldn't be included in Tennessee, including many posters here.

It is therefore hard for me to fault the man.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*raises hand

(Sorry, native rural West Tennessean coming out in me.)

8. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I was up there a few weeks ago. The majority of the people I encountered were rude as hell. I couldn't get back down I-81 fast enough.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Well did you show them your penis? Up here that's like the secret handshake.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I suppose I should have. There was a nice looking lady on the metro that I should've shown it to.

11. fl0at_

Just tell everyone you went to UVA, are a lawyer, doctor, MBA for firm XYZ and you'll be fine.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I realize that I'm a country boy that is a fish out of water in big cities, but I enjoy visiting. On my last trip to DC, I, along with a buddy, took a Civil War battlefield trip up I-81 to Gettysburg and came down I-95 on the return. We spent a couple of days in DC in Arlington catching the M at Pentagon City to travel into DC proper. We saw an Arab man in full robes and head coverings and I assume a woman in a complete blue burqa. I don't see that where I'm from, and realize that the extreme apprehension that I felt was filled with gross prejudice. I couldn't help feeling great unease. If they were going to do something, they would have been blending in rather than sticking out like a turd in the punch bowl at prom. All was fine, and I feel my share of shame for having such a reaction.

There are some weird ass people that ride subways.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Ok, John Rocker.

14. JayVols

That cut me. Deep.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

lefty with a heater at 96? I'll take it.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

twss

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Who knew JV was about to join the tea party?

18. JayVols

Why you wanna cuss me like that? I thought we were buds.

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Honestly, Jay, when I see you I see Sarah Palin.

20. JayVols

You all are evil evil people.....