We Beat Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Napier to me looks like Ron Perlman in a buzz cut with an arrogance swag cause he just inherited money.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I feel even aliver.

HongKongPhooey, NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's Aaron Hernandez's stunt double

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

YES!!!! Was trying to think all night who he looked like

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He should recreate Hernandez's last stunt.

ptclaus98 and A-Smith like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Did anyone make him explain why he went for 2 the first time? I was flabbergasted.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't agree with it, but I explained it in the other thread. There's a logic if playing to win it in regulation.

PilotFlyingJ and Tar Volon like this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Just seems like it’s based on TONS of assumptions. You can pin the loss on that decision pretty easily.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

He didn't think they had a chance in ot. They were taking shots to win it at the end. He had been gambling on probabilities all along for them to even have a chance at all. Not how I would have done it either though.

PilotFlyingJ and zehr27 like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hell, by the time they got to that last possession, I probably would have taken them in OT. We looked rattled.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Maybe that is how it looked in person. The players never looked rattled on TV. We were cats playing with the mouse. We almost got too cute and let the mouse slip away, which I blame on the Coaches

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Napier is a good coach. Probably felt invincible after getting all the 4th downs

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed, the offense never flinched. Failing to convert was sloppy but not rattled

14. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah but he hired about 200 staffers to do that for him.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Twitter videos of fans doing the chomp are fantastic

16. Ssmiff

Got invited to go on field before game with my youngest son. What a day.

Attached Files:

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This was a positive thread in the first place, but diving into some morning stats, I feel a bit better. Florida did not stop us running our offense a single time all game. There were a couple times where they kept things in front of them and made us drive the field until we made a mistake (fumble, 3rd down drop, 3rd down overthrow), but we had guys open all day long, and the only thing that stopped us was not making the plays in front of us.

On the other side of the ball…well, the secondary is a liability. We knew that, and it’s still true. Without serious improvement, we’re going to have to win shootouts with LSU and Kentucky if we want to hit 10 wins, and Alabama and Georgia will carve us up. But Florida’s offensive numbers against Utah were better than against us. Yesterday was their worst game on the ground by a large margin (yardage was similar against us and UK, but it took 42 runs yesterday to get what they had in 30 two weeks ago). Our front seven can play some ball. We’ve just gotta find some guys on the back end. Or else just make Hooker win the Heisman again every week.

18. Ssmiff

Our dbs never break on a ball or anticipate a route.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My body feels like I played every snap of that game. God I'm old. Worth it though.

20. Ssmiff

man I walked from 11th garage to tailgate on other side of track, then hit several others on campus, then to game, then up ramp, then back to tailgate, then to Ruths Chris. Watch said I walked over 7 miles.