We Beat Florida

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Sep 24, 2022.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

You said the OL has issues and I’m saying nothing has happened yet this year to show that the offensive line has any glaring issues. Could that be coming? Sure. It hasn’t happened yet though.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Coming back from the game on Sunday stopped to get gas. Was in line behind a middle-aged gator fan. (He only had on an understated gator ball cap.) He smiled at me. I asked if he went to game. He said he was supposed to, but he lost his tickets. I politely said, "That's too bad." He agreed. Congratulated us and gushed about our offense.

In my inside voice, I am gator-chomping in his face.

Go Vols!

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Sounds to me like you had a great opportunity to douse him with gas and light him on fire. Need more from you here

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

He could not get his card to work in the reader, had to get another card out and let the counter girl do it. I thought, "No wonder, you "lost" your digital tix."

That was enuff for me. I am at the "grandfatherly" stage of my life.

5. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Starting to believe that Tenny paid Indy to drive up engagements on the site. No other way to describe all of this.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

On an unrelated note, it may or may not have been mentioned, but I thought it was cool that the refs allowed both teams to play emotionally…some shoving back and forth, shit-talking, Gator-chomping, middle fingers….all without a personal foul unsportsmanlike conduct.

Let the guys compete and have some fun, and let the rivalries have some hate in them.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

I was absolutely stunned that 15 flags didn’t fly when Wright did the chomp on his TD run

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

chomp and slash. Ref 4 feet away watching. Banks coulda had 2 for taunting and driving the qb into the turf after a throw.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Come on man. There's a difference between just saying "Our OL has issues" and responding to someone asking why our OL graded out poorly by saying that "Hooker helps hide some of our OL issues."

An OL can have some issues and still be considered good, a vast improvement over the previous year, etc. The post was not intended to criticize the OL as much as to compliment Hooker.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

what issues does the OL have?

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

None. They are perfect. Best offensive line in the history of offensive lines.

12. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Thanks for the expert analysis.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

they’re not gonna road grate like the 1982 Redskins but they’re not asked to. They could probably pass pro better but they’re not terrible. short yardage this season has been quite a bit better than last. I’m not 100% familiar with the whole OL room but I’d imagine the drop off would be significant after the best 5

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel like expectations of what is "good" are interchangeable with "best in the nation" for some people.

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tillman? "Good." Hooker? "Good." O line? "Very concerning."

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I saw bama OL v Texas. Our OL v Pitt and UF looked better. TX dl blew them up. Our OL isn’t getting blown up or beaten fast off the edge very often at all, compared to what I see all day Saturday and Sunday.

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The Friday evening before the game I was looking at cbs sports website and various sports writers games picks were displayed. Dennis Dodd, Tom Ferrelli, Chip Patterson, Shehan Jeyarajah, and David Cobb all picked Florida to win adding their shots at Tennessee being laughable at thinking they could possibly punch with Florida. Only Barrett Sallee picked Tennessee citing this time the bully gets a bloody nose. To all those sports writers that picked against Tennessee…..kiss my volunteer arse! Not for picking against us being wrong, yes you we’re all wrong, but being so petty about it.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It doesn't matter what analysis I provide. People will call me an idiot while agreeing with me because it's the 8thmaxim.

There's nothing significantly wrong with the OL. We also haven't played very many teams that can take advantage and highlight weaknesses. The next couple weeks will give them a great opportunity to show how good they are.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Where would you rank the OL amongst our offensive position groups?

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I also checked, and I’m pretty sure those were against the spread…so they won on the backdoor