Week 3 Rankings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 17, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah but once things get toxic enough it doesn’t really matter how bad the opponent is. Idk if Auburn is there yet, they very well may be. If they aren’t, losing to Missouri would damn sure seal the deal.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

There's a spiral to it when a group of players came to win meaningful games, not struggle. I agree, it may be getting toxic. They didn't go to Auburn to "rebuild."

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Missouri is pretty toxic as well, but I get what you mean.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They weren't paying attention, then

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

But those dudes know they went to Missouri. And beating Auburn would be a boon. Beating Missouri? Expected.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They never are. We know they weren't sold on rebuilding, is all I am saying.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

These guys thought they were coming to win the Iron Bowl.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Or they got a nice compensation package

10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

The poll rankings shouldn’t come out till October 1st when they have played enough football to get accurate evals. Impressions from last season’s team are irrelevant and gone.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The ONLY poll that really matters does just that. The rest are fluff nothingness.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. HCKevinSteele

To be fair I’ve not paid much attention to them and may be seriously underestimating how bad their situation is.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's bad. Physically worse than Auburn's, but I do think having more expectations magnifies things in Auburn.

14. HCKevinSteele

Is Drinkwitz on the hot seat already? I assumed he’d get some time. So in they’re playing for something. Beating Auburn means something to them no matter how bad Auburn is. Same as Kentucky of Vanderbilt beating bad Tennessee teams (“rivalry” not considered though obviously that amplifies it). Auburn isn’t playing for anything until they fire Harsin and they’re playing for the interim, because everyone on this planet who knows how things work knows that Harsin is already done. If doesn’t matter what happens now, he will be fired, just a matter of when.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure they have seats in Missouri. They just sit on white rocks.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

#11 in the AP
    #12 in the coaches

zehr27 and utvol0427 like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

White hot rock for Eli

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I am compelled to remind or inform anyone when it comes up, that the rocks are painted white. They paint their rocks white. They don't just get white rocks. Their tradition is itself a forgery.

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's ugly and ridiculous and has no business being in the SEC

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This was the Pitt game plan

10SEvols and justingroves like this.